Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 07-24-2017, 12:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
2015 System bindings vs 2017 board

My son has a 2017 Kruz Nova he got at the beginning of the summer. He has been trying to use his 2015 System bindings and he has broken 2 sets. Hyperlite has been great with sending replacement parts but nothing seems to be helping so I wanted to ask for help here. Basically, when he lands the lateral force seems to widen the bindings where they are screwed in. The board has the sliding Strata mount and no level of tightening seems to keep the outer mount from moving and then the foot plate cracks where it attaches to the frame. One rep at Hyperlite told us that the top of the board was too slick for the 2015 Systems and they sent us an extra set of cushion pads to put under the bindings where the screw mounts are. Tried that yesterday and after 2 landings they had already widened out and released the foot pad. Do the 2017 system bindings have some type of special friction device to keep them from moving on the board? Any advice is appreciated.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X1
So the problem is that with the strata track system is doesn't lock in like say the new liquid force track system. I have rode with a few pros and advanced riders lately that use the Kruz and had the same problem. They put an extra bolt and thick washer on the outside edge of each binding because they always force out, not in. Hopefully that makes sense. They basically block them in with an extra binding mount. If not, let me know and I can text you a picture or something. If you need, I could even make you the "thick" washers to use. The system bindings and kruz board are fantastic, but that is the issue that guys riding hard run into.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '96 205 TBI
track mounts have never worked, that's why they were abandoned pretty damned quickly back in the mid 90's in favour of fixed mounting positions and bindings with multiple mounting holes
Old 07-24-2017, 04:21 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Corey View Post
So the problem is that with the strata track system is doesn't lock in like say the new liquid force track system. I have rode with a few pros and advanced riders lately that use the Kruz and had the same problem. They put an extra bolt and thick washer on the outside edge of each binding because they always force out, not in. Hopefully that makes sense. They basically block them in with an extra binding mount. If not, let me know and I can text you a picture or something. If you need, I could even make you the "thick" washers to use. The system bindings and kruz board are fantastic, but that is the issue that guys riding hard run into.
A pic would be great. Where do you get the extra square nut? PM sent. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Nautique
Yup pretty common issue on the track mounts. The newer bindings do have more anti skid runner on the. It Tom but that doesn't keep them locked in on bad crashes or hard landings either.

Like MI Cory said I have also seen high end riders double lock the bindings in place like he mentioned. Hyperlite can send you the bolts, but your local pro shop should have extras.

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
88 2001 Nautique
Old 08-10-2017, 10:36 AM
MC Devotee

Thanks for the help. I pulled together some old strata parts and rubber washers and made a "lock" outside each binding. It really helps. So far the bindings haven't moved much.