Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-08-2018, 02:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X-30 6.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
It would never happen.....based on your history you would just start flying an Ohio State Flag! ...how did you walk into that one?
I just spit out my coffee.

2017 Nissan Maxima SL

Lonestar Masterbash
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=85369

Texas A&M '21
Old 11-08-2018, 02:28 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
It would never happen.....based on your history you would just start flying an Ohio State Flag! ...how did you walk into that one?
It would never happen....based on my history, I only go with a winning team so the suckeye flag would not meet the criteria.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 11-08-2018, 02:47 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
Quote:
Do you go the step farther that I would take and push the snow out of your driveway to the end of his? Blow your grass clippings into his yard? Throw your dog's do-do into his yard? I honestly don't know what I would do if a meatchicken fan moved in next door.

Buddy of mine has a meatchicken fan that moved in next to him. It's hard to be nice to him when he comes around my buddies house at parties.
No he was an okay guy. Just went to a **** school.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:42 AM

Alabama has killed college football. We can delete this thread and start a new one 6 years from now. The one and done crew might be able to breath life into a new one by then.

This post brought to you by cp's college. Oh wait, he didn't go there, never mind.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 11-12-2018, 11:09 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
Boring *** weekend of football except of the OU OSU game. WOW!!! Mullet man went for the glory and took a crap
Old 11-12-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
Boring *** weekend of football except of the OU OSU game. WOW!!! Mullet man went for the glory and took a crap
It was and has been. Seems like the year is almost over and I've not been all that excited about tbh.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
How does Alabama do it year after year??!? Seriously. Is it the coaching, recruiting, the draw of good players, unlimited funding?? Or some special magic? Why can't other compete as well? Are there questionable recruitment methods?

1994 205, LT1
Old 11-12-2018, 12:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
How does Alabama do it year after year??!? Seriously. Is it the coaching, recruiting, the draw of good players, unlimited funding?? Or some special magic? Why can't other compete as well? Are there questionable recruitment methods?
Coaching. Alabama recruits itself now. Its hard to compete with them when you can guarantee a high school athlete the ability to win a championship during your time at Bama.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmothy07 View Post
Tim and CFB, name a better duo. I'll wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
There's a few things at work here. If it was ONLY about having a lot of 5 Star recruits on your roster, Mack Brown would still be the coach at Texas. At Alabama there's a perfect storm of a few elements colliding and it does emanate from Nick Saban.

Nice Saban has repeatedly said that he doesn't go by recruiting rankings...he has his own system and the two biggest areas in his system are body type, and attitude. Nick's evaluation of players goes all the way back to his early days at the Cleveland Browns.

There is a form for each position, and the recruiting coach must fill out that form. There are ranges for everything from ankle size and weight, etc. If a player has a non-typical body type, a deviation from what's on that sheet, the recruiting coach must fill out a deviation of some sort making a case for continuing to recruit someone who falls outside the norms. There's been only a handful of players who have played significantly who don't fit into the body type standards on Nick's forms. That's why all the players "look" the same.

What they end up with is 5 star guys who are willing to sit behind other players instead of playing immediately, and 2-3 star guys who could be 5 star guys. Example: Josh Jacobs...not highly recruited, only got offers from other major D1 schools after it was known that Alabama was going to offer him.

When a 5 star guys transfers from Alabama, it's usually because he couldn't get with the program, he failed to buy in. Or he thought he deserved more...more playing time, more opportunity, whatever.

What we are seeing is remarkable, and I'm certain that Nick Saban could have this kind of success at any of the major football schools. It's not his staff, that's turned completely over numerous times. Staff is not plug and play, just look at Urban's mess with his own staff.

That said, Saban has adapted a lot through the hiring of various staff members. The local media nearly went into full on meltdown mode when he hired Kiffin. Saban, unlike say Les Miles, has adapted and morphed with the game. Whomever comes next at Bama, is going to know how Ray Perkins felt.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:23 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Only caught on fire once... not a huge deal. God telling me I wasn’t meant to be an Aggie... (not sad, they’re insane) lol

Cheers to college football, and great teamtalk company (and my girlfriend of course)
Attached Images

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten

Tags
boomer sooner