Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Team Talk Forum Help- Forum Issues Only

Old 05-21-2018, 11:19 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210
Recommended prop.

I just upgraded to a 2003 Maristar 210 with the 310 HP engine. What is the suggested prop for this boat. I will use it for barefooting and Air Chair skiing.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 X10
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
Congrats on the new boat. There are countless threads on this site that basically say the same things about props.

1. You need to know a few things before anyone can really tell you which prop to buy:
- what are your WOT RPMs on your boat currently, and what prop are you currently running?
- what do you intend to do with the boat? surf, ski, slalom, ride, tube (you said barefoot which means more top end to most folks)
- what improved performance would you like from the new prop? i.e. Ski/barefoot optimized props have lower diameter with higher pitch, Surf props are often opposite of this, and many want to find the optimal combination.
2. Depending on who else responds next, you will normally be told that there are two primary experts to call with this information:
- Jim Thielin at ACME - https://acmemarine.com/pages/contact-us
- Eric at OJ Props - http://www.ojprops.com/contact

These are the two leading prop companies, and their two best, respective experts according to many/most of us. Which company is best overall seems to be a "Ford vs. Chevy" style religion around here, but I am personally an ACME fan if it matters at all.

3. Finally, I will say that the "Prop Selector" on WakeMakers is commonly inaccurate according to both manufacturers, so speaking to the companies themselves to ensure the optimal prop is your best bet. I personally like to order from Nettle Props, and always try at least two different props to compare performance characteristics.

Good luck.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:38 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210
Hey thanks for the reply.
Good suggestions.

Tags
prop