Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2018, 09:07 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
In 1991 my boss offered me a Rolex as a sales bonus. I told him Iíd rather have the money, but he wouldnít go for that. I chose an Explorer II with black dial but never wore it, I had an $80 dive watch and it suited me better than a Rolex. I gave it to my dad who wore it ever day for almost 10 years. He fell severely ill one day and had to be life-flighted for medical reasons and ask my mom to take off the watch so nothing would happen to it. He passed away at the hospital 24hrs later. I gathered the watch from his dresser and have worn it almost every day, from business meetings to wrenching on cars (and boats). It was beat to crap. It stopped running last February (actually during my moms funeral, which I took as a sign from my dad that he was happy to see her again). I sent it to an independent watch tech in Tampa and it came back looking like new for around $600. Now itís 28 years old, keeps almost perfect time and is a part of my life that means a lot! Sorry for the long ramble but to me this isnít just an expensive watch, itís a part of my family history now.
Attachment 176247
Best story Iíve ever heard about a watch - Awesome
Old 05-30-2018, 09:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
Agreed, great story!

Like a MasterCraft, a Rolex is timeless... 2016 Yachtmaster for me.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2018, 10:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X30, 2008 X15 (sold)
Quote:
In 1991 my boss offered me a Rolex as a sales bonus. I told him Iíd rather have the money, but he wouldnít go for that. I chose an Explorer II with black dial but never wore it, I had an $80 dive watch and it suited me better than a Rolex. I gave it to my dad who wore it ever day for almost 10 years. He fell severely ill one day and had to be life-flighted for medical reasons and ask my mom to take off the watch so nothing would happen to it. He passed away at the hospital 24hrs later. I gathered the watch from his dresser and have worn it almost every day, from business meetings to wrenching on cars (and boats). It was beat to crap. It stopped running last February (actually during my moms funeral, which I took as a sign from my dad that he was happy to see her again). I sent it to an independent watch tech in Tampa and it came back looking like new for around $600. Now itís 28 years old, keeps almost perfect time and is a part of my life that means a lot! Sorry for the long ramble but to me this isnít just an expensive watch, itís a part of my family history now.
Attachment 176247
That's what those watches are all about. The story. The memory. Sorry for your loss, twice. It's a great memory of them both for you I hope.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2018, 10:11 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X30, 2008 X15 (sold)
Clearly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
Everyday go to is my 1999 Rolex GMT-II. Then I also have 3 Panerais, an Omega planet ocean, and an audemars piguet offshore rubberclad. I love watches
Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2018, 10:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 PS 190 w/ mini tower
Everyday wear is my Scurfa Bell Diver 1, or Alpina Seastrong. For dress occasions I'll wear my grand dads Omega Geneve or Zodiac Sea Dragon.

My first expensive watch purchase will be A Doxa Sub. I grew up to my dad reading Dirk Pitt novels and I credit that along with growing up on a Mastercraft with inspiring me to want to design ships.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:42 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
Incredible story ... thanks for sharing!
Old 05-31-2018, 08:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X30; 2012 X15 (sold)
Quote:
Attachment 176247
Wow, what an awesome story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-14V
I never wore a watch, but now I have a Garmin 935xt and love it.

Yes, it tracks heart rate, steps, and stairs. And I can glance at it during meetings to Ďsee the timeí when Iím actually reading texts or emails on the watch face . But where itís really helped is monitoring activities like swimming or biking. I now bike and swim more than I used to because everything appears on Strava, and people comment if Ive had a good ride... or slacked off

And for fun I tracked one ski.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2018, 12:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft X-14, '09 Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIskier View Post
I grew up to my dad reading Dirk Pitt novels.......
I can't put anything Clive Cussler down, I was terrible at reading until I found his books.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Had worn a Pebble Steel for a few years but since they were bought out by Fitbit, they are no longer supported. A major bummer as I really enjoyed the watch. I have just started wearing the Garmin Vivoactive 3 in slate. To early to offer verdict but it seems great so far. As regards to why,

Round face
Lightweight
Built in heart-rate monitor
Stand alone GPS
Garmin Pay for NFC locations
Custom and downloadable watchfaces
Combines features for my running, sleeping and everyday tracking
text and email alert- great for meetings
Better than industry average battery life, at least in its price range