Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #191  
Old 02-10-2018, 12:44 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 17,599
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
All you really need to know to succeed on my diet:

1. Stick to meat, cheese, veggies and salad
2. Avoid everything that's white or high carb, limited to 20g/day (no rice, beans, bread, cereal, fruits, juice, chips, full bodied beers (spirits have 0 carbs)

You'll see your weight plummet fast. Average I have witnessed is 10-15# per month.
agreed - staying away from the starches and sugars will be beneficial - watch for hidden sugars like dextrose and corn syrup...
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 02-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2007
Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Location: something funny
Posts: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
Spirits are ok. Straight or with a 0 carb mixer (like a rum and coke zero sugar).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp4qgw9P3AU




It’s not hard. You don’t have to be exact, but there are certain foods that do contain more than others… Again, if you stick to meat, cheese, salad and veggies and get away from everything else for a while, your body will burn all that fat away fast.



Thank you!
The keto like diet i am following is awesome, im down 14 in 5 weeks and lovin it. Diet rite is a 0 carb 0 sugar soda that uses splenda instead of aspertame... Wish there was more stevia based sodas. It tastes more like Pepsi than coke, and mixes well. I use it when i have a sweet tooth too.

Also the keto diet im doing is based on around 25 net carbs (total carb - dietary fiber) and encourages fatty meats as more filling, therby curbing appetite and amount. So a low carb tortilla shell curbs my sandwich appetite and works with taco Tuesday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
__________________
-Cory 2.0ld

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 02-10-2018, 12:54 PM
JohnE's Avatar
JohnE JohnE is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Boat: XT22
Location: Boston 'burbs
Posts: 11,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
Spirits are ok. Straight or with a 0 carb mixer (like a rum and coke zero sugar).


Itís not hard. You donít have to be exact, but there are certain foods that do contain more than othersÖ Again, if you stick to meat, cheese, salad and veggies and get away from everything else for a while, your body will burn all that fat away fast.



Thank you!
I've done low carb off and on for years. Right now I am way off of it. But may give it another go. I mix most booze with soda water anyway. Jack Daniel's, Stoli, or Beefeater.
__________________
Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 02-11-2018, 11:25 AM
HOT-4-TEACHER's Avatar
HOT-4-TEACHER HOT-4-TEACHER is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Location: Central OH
Posts: 119
Out of curiosity, is anyone following a workout regimen while doing this? Curious how your workouts have changed if at all.

Thanks in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
What are you gonna do with a pontoon boat, re-take Omaha Beach?
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 02-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Timr71 Timr71 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2016
Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
Location: Southeast
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
agreed - staying away from the starches and sugars will be beneficial - watch for hidden sugars like dextrose and corn syrup...
This! I gave up sugar when I got home from Christmas vacation. I didn't realize how much sweet stuff...piece of chocolate here, etc. I was eating. Basically, remove anything that has any added sugars or sweeteners from your diet. For me, I had to learn to drink my coffee black. No more sweet tea. No more deserts. The only sweet thing I eat is some fruit, that's naturally sweet. You have to read labels. I found salad dressing with less than 1 gram of sugar per serving, but something right next to it would have 14 grams per serving!

Dropped 6 lbs in 2 weeks. And, I feel a lot better. More energy. Now I'll work on cutting back on carbs some...but I'm a runner who runs 50+ miles a week, so I'll never remove carbs from my diet. I'd feel dead.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 02-11-2018, 01:09 PM
HOT-4-TEACHER's Avatar
HOT-4-TEACHER HOT-4-TEACHER is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Location: Central OH
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timr71 View Post
This! I gave up sugar when I got home from Christmas vacation. I didn't realize how much sweet stuff...piece of chocolate here, etc. I was eating. Basically, remove anything that has any added sugars or sweeteners from your diet. For me, I had to learn to drink my coffee black. No more sweet tea. No more deserts. The only sweet thing I eat is some fruit, that's naturally sweet. You have to read labels. I found salad dressing with less than 1 gram of sugar per serving, but something right next to it would have 14 grams per serving!



Dropped 6 lbs in 2 weeks. And, I feel a lot better. More energy. Now I'll work on cutting back on carbs some...but I'm a runner who runs 50+ miles a week, so I'll never remove carbs from my diet. I'd feel dead.


I agree 100% with this. Cutting out added sugars keeps you off the worst of the carbs anyone. Sugar from fruit (in moderation) is OK as long as it’s accompanied by the fiber in the fruit as well.

There are added sugars everywhere.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
What are you gonna do with a pontoon boat, re-take Omaha Beach?
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 02-11-2018, 02:31 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: No Boat
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 14,797
Back when I was running 5+ miles a day on top of daily workouts I could eat anything I wanted and still drop weight. That was even into my mid 40s.
__________________
Tim

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 02-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2007
Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Location: something funny
Posts: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT-4-TEACHER View Post
Out of curiosity, is anyone following a workout regimen while doing this? Curious how your workouts have changed if at all.

Thanks in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keto says get weight where you want it first, but I started back after a week or so starting the diet. First couple of weeks i was more tired, but once my body adjusted to the different fuel source I have been fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
__________________
-Cory 2.0ld

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 02-11-2018, 03:23 PM
moosehead's Avatar
moosehead moosehead is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2015
Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Location: Mountain West
Posts: 2,492
We did Fat Head Pizza last night. It was a hit but 2 pieces and you are full. Favorite was meat lovers.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 02-11-2018, 04:25 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: No Boat
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 14,797
Just when you think you got it down, your diet securely tied and bound
they whisper certified angus beef ribeye for $7.70 a pound!!

Making some philly cheese steaks tonight and vacuum pack some of it.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Tim

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.


2018