Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-07-2018, 10:24 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2008 X14, w/ LY6 400HP w/ 1.22 Ratio Tran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
I got rid of my SiriusXM subscription because of the channels that they give you. In order to get the NASCAR channel I had to purchase a different package. I literally listen to maybe 5 channels so it just wasn't worth it.
I actually listen to about 10 to 12 channels depending on the day and travel. But my wife.. It never moves off channel 2. Now that is a waste of money, and I tell her all the time.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 11-07-2018, 11:47 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
ha, the Hallmark channel gets my wife thru hunting season, so please don't remove it at my house!!
This. It keeps the wife occupied in the evenings and out of my business. My only complaint is that sometimes I think she wishes her life was as "perfect" as they show in the movies. Why can't she live in an immaculate mansion in a small town full of smart beautiful people, and fund that lifestyle by working in a flower shop?

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 11-07-2018, 12:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Is anybody else with me here? Who else besides me wants to eliminate the 'Hallmark Channel" from the cable line up? Ugh, I can't come home and find this channel on any longer. It is the worst. Non stop christmas movies from now till christmas and the worst acting with the same plots over and over and over again. STupid plots...community bake-offs, small town carnivals, chili challenges.....ice sculpture challenges....with the good looking strangely single guy and the attractive single journalist/community organizer/philanthropist who just happens to fall for the strangely single good looking guy. Then the whole movie ends....the WHOLE plot is for them to....kiss. Oh, they kissed....roll the credits. What a sham. I guess terrible actors need work, but do they not have any self respect?
I put on channel blocks on them and then hide them from the guide and make them go away. Then set the channel lock number to something odd do no one can figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2018, 01:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 205v
Investigation Discovery..... I feel like my wife is studying how to get away with making ME disappear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2018, 02:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Lifetime lol
How to start a fight:
1. Walk in the room when the wife is "working" at her computer with Lifetime or Hallmark on
the TV.

2. Turn the channel to Family Guy or Tosh.0
Old 11-07-2018, 02:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft X-14, '09 Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Is anybody else with me here? Who else besides me wants to eliminate the 'Hallmark Channel" from the cable line up? Ugh, I can't come home and find this channel on any longer. It is the worst. Non stop christmas movies from now till christmas and the worst acting with the same plots over and over and over again. STupid plots...community bake-offs, small town carnivals, chili challenges.....ice sculpture challenges....with the good looking strangely single guy and the attractive single journalist/community organizer/philanthropist who just happens to fall for the strangely single good looking guy. Then the whole movie ends....the WHOLE plot is for them to....kiss. Oh, they kissed....roll the credits. What a sham. I guess terrible actors need work, but do they not have any self respect?
Get a second TV, keep it in the garage at the proper viewing angle to be seen from your 197, above the fridge full of beer. Problem solved.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
Quote:
Get a second TV, keep it in the garage at the proper viewing angle to be seen from your 197, above the fridge full of beer. Problem solved.
As soon as I can get a cable strung to the garage I'll have a flat screen out there.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:06 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2008 X14, w/ LY6 400HP w/ 1.22 Ratio Tran
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
Perfect!!

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 11-07-2018, 03:18 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Wow CP, this really bothers you huh? Thats okay, I tend to agree but dont get overly worked up about it because I have learned how to use the remote like an expert and totally avoid that channel. Along with the Texas Longhorns channel which has no reason at all being on a NE Ohio cable line up.

My rant is that on midnight, November 1st, SiriusXM changed Channel 3 Venus to Holiday, already!! Ugh!!
Not that I get that worked up over it...but when I turn on the TV it is always on that channel and then I have to change it. Just a pet-peeve of mine.....and there is anti-freeze in my MCX right now...so there you go.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:27 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
I did put a heater in my garage last winter. Good idea. How cold can a flat screen TV get before it is ruined?