Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-24-2018, 12:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
I don't have specific lower back issue all the time. Sometimes it is also in the thoracic region. I have had good success with time spent on my inversion table.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X2
I might as well jump in on this. I left PT today and the therapist was not super optimistic. I have pain running from my lower back into my left hip and glute, from there my leg feels achy from the knee down to my foot. Worst of all I have about not strength to tip my foot up. Going back to the doctor to figure out my next steps in a few days. Have any of you experienced issues with loss of strength in your foot from lower back issues, and if so were they able to correct it?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 197 2003
my brother had ther same symptoms. You won't like the solution . It invoves major fusion. There might be a less invasive solution for you similar to what Tiger Woods originally tried but it didn't work for him and he ended up with a fusion also
Old 11-09-2018, 05:16 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Start hanging your junk on the left. It'll make all the difference in the world!!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 11-09-2018, 12:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Start hanging your junk on the left. It'll make all the difference in the world!!
Iíll have to give that a shot. Maybe I should identify as someone with a healthy back while Iím at it...
Old 11-09-2018, 01:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
Core exercises and 8 weeks of Chiropractor visits later I'm in pretty good shape in terms of back pain.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 08 X45
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy570 View Post
I might as well jump in on this. I left PT today and the therapist was not super optimistic. I have pain running from my lower back into my left hip and glute, from there my leg feels achy from the knee down to my foot. Worst of all I have about not strength to tip my foot up. Going back to the doctor to figure out my next steps in a few days. Have any of you experienced issues with loss of strength in your foot from lower back issues, and if so were they able to correct it?
Get it taken care of!!

My dad had similar issues 25-30 years ago, it was a ruptured disk, and the Dr. told him if he could tolerate the pain, it wasn't worth surgery. Well little did he know the disk was bulging and restricting blood flow to his lower leg. His calf muscle atrophied and completely deteriorated. He now has one calf muscle, and one skinny leg. He can't stand up on his toes on that one leg, can't remember which one it is. It's kind of turned into a running joke. But when the back pain starts affecting your lower body it's definitely time to get it taken care of.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:04 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X Star
I assume lower back pain is associated with weak core muscles. Try to strengthen the muscles in your back and butt with deadlifts squats and rows. Increase mobility with some yoga (just dont tell your friends!) targeted toward lower back pain.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:26 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy570 View Post
Dude thatís drop foot. You likely have a herniated disk pressing on the nerve. This can be corrected with therapy or if needed, surgery. The nerve will recover provided you donít wait too long! I had this several years ago, and it came on with a tremendous amount of pain. Mine healed with physical therapy, but I still have the root problem and it flares up in my glute every now and then. Once you have weakness, then you need to take care of it! Again, these issues are rooted in weak core muscles.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:59 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPRO View Post
Dude thatís drop foot. You likely have a herniated disk pressing on the nerve. This can be corrected with therapy or if needed, surgery. The nerve will recover provided you donít wait too long! I had this several years ago, and it came on with a tremendous amount of pain. Mine healed with physical therapy, but I still have the root problem and it flares up in my glute every now and then. Once you have weakness, then you need to take care of it! Again, these issues are rooted in weak core muscles.
+1 on herniated disk or some other issue in the back impinging on the nerve causing drop foot......

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843