Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 05-24-2018, 09:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 XT23
Tim uses this for his Tundra in their garage. He only as 2" of clearance in the front and maybe 1" in the rear.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Park-Sma...-202198963-_-N
Old 05-24-2018, 12:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1993 Prostar 190 Blue Stars and Stripes, Powerslot
whats the problem, if you got 6" of clearance, that is plenty. given it is a denali, I assume it has the backup camera. back it in and watch in the camera for the wall. I back my Silverado in with 2" clearance and I watch camera until the rear bumber almost touches my Craftsman tool box. However, I do not park it in the garage every day. can put a 2x4 or something on the wall to protect from damage if hit the wall but that should be plenty of room. remember, we like pics so show us the new truck when you get it. plus the difference of 2" should not factor into your decision of which truck to get. I vote for GMC.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
here you go!
if you run the line through the ceiling hook and tie itoff to the garage door, the ball will lower and lift as the door opens and closes as needed
Old 05-30-2018, 12:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft X-14, '09 Blue
I had a couple HD2500's that always sat in the garage. I had about 5" of extra room in front to skinny through once the rear bumper touched the wall. Forgot the pintle hitch was in once and put a hole through the garage wall, into the office.....oops. You can tapcon a 2x4 to the floor, we use a 1x1 held in place with tapcons for our mini coopers. You're good as long as it fits. Tennis ball is ok too. Learn to park straight, follow a line of paint or duct tape on the floor with your mirror. Put that B!tc# inside so it stays lookin' good. At our house we all back in and touch on a stop anchored to the floor.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:27 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft X26 - 6.2L
GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD with 4" room in front and 2" in back for me. Easy, no issue. Learn to back in, use the backup camera and either use a mark on the wall (mine is the baseboard trim and the hitch receiver) to determine your distance on the camera. Done, same distance every time. Just be careful about going in crooked. Few times, you'll be a pro.

Or, make the garage bigger - like that option too.