Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 10:28 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 98/99 MariStar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
You say you have a lake property, do you have a dock? You'll want to limit the passengers on the MC and leave them on the dock. I do not put more than 2 adults in the boat during my sets.
From what he says they want to do, I bet a fly high or tower will probably be added, and having more people in there for runabout/wakeboarding/tubing/freeskiing won't be an issue. Doesn't sound like they'll be running the course often
2017 B1G Champions
---------------------------------------
Old 05-22-2018, 10:30 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
passenger next to driver is always facing backwards
Coming from pretty much only ski/wake boats, I thought this was funny. I thought it was weird when I got in a boat that had forward facing seats for the first time
2017 B1G Champions
Old 05-22-2018, 10:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmothy07 View Post
Coming from pretty much only ski/wake boats, I thought this was funny. I thought it was weird when I got in a boat that had forward facing seats for the first time
Agreed! If you're not driving...you're facing backwards.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: na
Thanks everyone. On the lake we have a dock so can leave people on it. Issue is kids love to be on the boat so do you have to tow from the center pylon? Is there not a tow hook at the back of the boats for towing tubers, knee boarders, etc...? Do you always have to tow from the center for skiing and wakeboarding? thanks again for all the tips and opinions.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnellman View Post
Thanks everyone. On the lake we have a dock so can leave people on it. Issue is kids love to be on the boat so do you have to tow from the center pylon? Is there not a tow hook at the back of the boats for towing tubers, knee boarders, etc...? Do you always have to tow from the center for skiing and wakeboarding? thanks again for all the tips and opinions.
I only use the rear hook to tie off to the dock.

a few games, a hammock chair, music, and a few water toys, i guarantee your kids will enjoy the dock more often than not.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
To my knowledge, not normally. The easiest thing to do in order to not use the center pylon would be to invest in a Fly High pylon or tower.
2017 B1G Champions
Old 05-22-2018, 04:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Quote:

Most of these do have a rear tow point, from a drivers perspective it is much more pleasant to pull from the center tow point as the boat will track better and not get dragged around. I keep the rear bench seat out of the boat and therefore only have the 3 seats in it. hence my comment that if you are less critical of the ski wakes I would look for an open bow ski boat.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '04 X9
Quote:
i occasionally towed tubes behind our '94 from the rear tow point. worked fine, seemed plenty sturdy. but any skiing and youre limited to 2 (maybe 3, max) people in the boat. youll not want anyone wandering around the back half of the boat while youre skiing

that was ultimately why we sold - it would have been the perfect boat if we had a dock and a lake house to hang out at but we typically took the boat out for a full day on the water and there just wasnt enough room on board to handle everything and still ski.

seems a well kept boat (ours had ~1300hrs but looked very very clean) will always keep its value so if you buy it for a season and keep it nice youre very unlikely to lose money on it next year.

also careful with chop, im not sure where in the nw you are but if you get wind or larger waves at your lake... that wont be a ton of fun.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft X-14, '09 Blue
You will find the wake is too darn flat to bounce the riders off. A few whips swinging them like a pendulum aught to have them cartwheeling across the water. I do miss our '88 PS190 for its flat wake. You will enjoy it, if possible keep the I/O for the group cruises and kids with Doritos/Cheetos fingers.