Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-27-2018, 09:47 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Ford just announced they'll be running the Mustang in NASCAR next year to compete against the Camaro.

As for ford cars...... they've always been a mixed bag as with any manufacture's vehicles. My mustangs have always been solid and had good luck with the Thunderbirds that I owned years back. Owned a 2013 Fusion and it was an outstanding vehicle that I honestly considered a class leader. A lot of car for the money.

As to Mercedes..... I've got no horse in that race which the fans of these cars all seem to have one. I will say that my neighbors that have owned them would brag about them one day then ***** about them the next while it was in the shop. Also agree with the great service they have and that the only way to drive one is to lease it. Sort of like a Jag. They look great but you don't want to end up with the bill when (not if) they break.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Lets be honest, both Ford and GM sedans are terrible. I think this would benefit both brands to just stick to SUVs, Trucks, and sports cars because this is where they excel.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Mercedes are garbage. One of the least reliable cars on the road. Constantly need repairs.
Could not agree more. They are in my shop for repairs more than any other vehicle. They are over engineered yet always under perform.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:45 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 X-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Lets be honest, both Ford and GM sedans are terrible. I think this would benefit both brands to just stick to SUVs, Trucks, and sports cars because this is where they excel.

I really like my fusion. It's been a pretty dependable car. The problem with taking players out of the sedan market is now you have less players competing. Competition makes consumers win. Now there is one less player competing on sedans.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 VRS 230 w/X-boat package, 8.1L
RE- Metric vs. SAE- My last truck, 2004 Silverado, was all metric. Current truck, 2018 Ram, all metric- engine might be SAE, but other fasteners appear to be metric. My wife's van, 2013 Chrysler, metric. I'm guessing that any more, most vehicles, since they will contain parts made overseas, will probably be metric.

G
Old 04-27-2018, 01:36 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC View Post
Could not agree more. They are in my shop for repairs more than any other vehicle. They are over engineered yet always under perform.
too funny... I had one back on '05 for 3 years... never again... transmission was a nightmare as was hvac
Old 04-27-2018, 01:45 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
Funny, I've had two on a 3 year lease, not one issue and FAR from garbage. Soaking your feeble brain in Buckeye juice again? Or pissed off that the browns continue to draft garbage players?
I read Consumer Reports and mercedes are constantly one of the lowest rated with respect to reliability. With respect to reliability, the only luxury brand worth buying is lexus, because they are basically a 'tuxedo-Toyota', and Toyota has the best cars on the road year in and year out. Here is a photo of my company 2008 Toyota Highlander. Still has the original transmission fluid in it.

Oh, and I'm not a browns fan. I find it humorous they drafted Baker Manziel.....I mean Baker Leaf.....I mean Baker Mayfield.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2018, 03:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Agreed with the basic sedans but I would take a CTS-V. They have one sitting on my dealer showroom right now.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I read Consumer Reports and mercedes are constantly one of the lowest rated with respect to reliability. With respect to reliability, the only luxury brand worth buying is lexus, because they are basically a 'tuxedo-Toyota', and Toyota has the best cars on the road year in and year out. Here is a photo of my company 2008 Toyota Highlander. Still has the original transmission fluid in it.

Oh, and I'm not a browns fan. I find it humorous they drafted Baker Manziel.....I mean Baker Leaf.....I mean Baker Mayfield.
As a family full of new Toyota’s.... not true anymore lol

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 04-29-2018, 02:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 91 prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharmon203 View Post
I really like my fusion. It's been a pretty dependable car. The problem with taking players out of the sedan market is now you have less players competing. Competition makes consumers win. Now there is one less player competing on sedans.
My wife is on her 3rd fusion and plans on buying another one this year. She’s pretyy upset but our friend owns a ford dealer and said to expect them to be in production until 2020. I’ve tried to get her into a Camry but she won’t make the switch.