Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:47 AM
bturner2's Avatar
bturner2 bturner2 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 3,842
Ford just announced they'll be running the Mustang in NASCAR next year to compete against the Camaro.

As for ford cars...... they've always been a mixed bag as with any manufacture's vehicles. My mustangs have always been solid and had good luck with the Thunderbirds that I owned years back. Owned a 2013 Fusion and it was an outstanding vehicle that I honestly considered a class leader. A lot of car for the money.

As to Mercedes..... I've got no horse in that race which the fans of these cars all seem to have one. I will say that my neighbors that have owned them would brag about them one day then ***** about them the next while it was in the shop. Also agree with the great service they have and that the only way to drive one is to lease it. Sort of like a Jag. They look great but you don't want to end up with the bill when (not if) they break.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-27-2018, 10:14 AM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,173
Lets be honest, both Ford and GM sedans are terrible. I think this would benefit both brands to just stick to SUVs, Trucks, and sports cars because this is where they excel.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-27-2018, 10:22 AM
JDC's Avatar
JDC JDC is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Location: Indiana
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Mercedes are garbage. One of the least reliable cars on the road. Constantly need repairs.
Could not agree more. They are in my shop for repairs more than any other vehicle. They are over engineered yet always under perform.
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-27-2018, 10:45 AM
jharmon203 jharmon203 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Boat: 2000 X-star
Location: Midwest
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Lets be honest, both Ford and GM sedans are terrible. I think this would benefit both brands to just stick to SUVs, Trucks, and sports cars because this is where they excel.

I really like my fusion. It's been a pretty dependable car. The problem with taking players out of the sedan market is now you have less players competing. Competition makes consumers win. Now there is one less player competing on sedans.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-27-2018, 01:33 PM
gweaver gweaver is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 2003 VRS 230 w/X-boat package, 8.1L
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,328
RE- Metric vs. SAE- My last truck, 2004 Silverado, was all metric. Current truck, 2018 Ram, all metric- engine might be SAE, but other fasteners appear to be metric. My wife's van, 2013 Chrysler, metric. I'm guessing that any more, most vehicles, since they will contain parts made overseas, will probably be metric.

G
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-27-2018, 01:36 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 17,164
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC View Post
Could not agree more. They are in my shop for repairs more than any other vehicle. They are over engineered yet always under perform.
too funny... I had one back on '05 for 3 years... never again... transmission was a nightmare as was hvac
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-27-2018, 01:45 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 7,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
Funny, I've had two on a 3 year lease, not one issue and FAR from garbage. Soaking your feeble brain in Buckeye juice again? Or pissed off that the browns continue to draft garbage players?
I read Consumer Reports and mercedes are constantly one of the lowest rated with respect to reliability. With respect to reliability, the only luxury brand worth buying is lexus, because they are basically a 'tuxedo-Toyota', and Toyota has the best cars on the road year in and year out. Here is a photo of my company 2008 Toyota Highlander. Still has the original transmission fluid in it.

Oh, and I'm not a browns fan. I find it humorous they drafted Baker Manziel.....I mean Baker Leaf.....I mean Baker Mayfield.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT
"When the government lies, the truth becomes a traitor."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-27-2018, 03:39 PM
Forrest-X45's Avatar
Forrest-X45 Forrest-X45 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: X-45
Location: Northwest
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Lets be honest, both Ford and GM sedans are terrible. I think this would benefit both brands to just stick to SUVs, Trucks, and sports cars because this is where they excel.
Agreed with the basic sedans but I would take a CTS-V. They have one sitting on my dealer showroom right now.
__________________
2008 X-45 Pro Tour Red and White
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-27-2018, 03:54 PM
MC25's Avatar
MC25 MC25 is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 14,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I read Consumer Reports and mercedes are constantly one of the lowest rated with respect to reliability. With respect to reliability, the only luxury brand worth buying is lexus, because they are basically a 'tuxedo-Toyota', and Toyota has the best cars on the road year in and year out. Here is a photo of my company 2008 Toyota Highlander. Still has the original transmission fluid in it.

Oh, and I'm not a browns fan. I find it humorous they drafted Baker Manziel.....I mean Baker Leaf.....I mean Baker Mayfield.
As a family full of new Toyota’s.... not true anymore lol
__________________
-Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-29-2018, 02:30 PM
Yeaitsslo Yeaitsslo is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Boat: 91 prostar
Location: North East
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharmon203 View Post
I really like my fusion. It's been a pretty dependable car. The problem with taking players out of the sedan market is now you have less players competing. Competition makes consumers win. Now there is one less player competing on sedans.
My wife is on her 3rd fusion and plans on buying another one this year. She’s pretyy upset but our friend owns a ford dealer and said to expect them to be in production until 2020. I’ve tried to get her into a Camry but she won’t make the switch.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.


2018