Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-09-2018, 11:18 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDad View Post
and will save the baseline RPM values for each speed.
this is exactly what I was looking for someone to clarify. Thanks

Quote:
if you want to try Digital Pro later on you just do this:

press & hold the ON/OFF & MENU Keys together as you power up the system. After about 5 seconds the display will show { System Reset ^ = Y } Press the up key to continue with a reset.

It will then ask if you wish to run in just wakeboard modes {Wakeboard only ^=Y}

Hit down to choose Digital Pro
this makes no sense to me. why would v6.5 software be loaded into a v6.3 Wakeboard pro device....
Old 07-09-2018, 11:32 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpollz View Post
WHAT IS THE MAIN DIFFERENCE?
Quote:
Digital Pro has settings for Skier Weight, Crew weight etc and will save the baseline RPM values for each speed. It also has Trick and Jump modes.
^^^ THIS

Quote:
this makes no sense to me. why would v6.5 software be loaded into a v6.3 Wakeboard pro device....
If the person that owned the boat before you purchased a software upgrade, 6.5 could be loaded into your 6.3
Old 07-09-2018, 11:33 AM
MC Devotee

What makes zero sense is why would someone that bought a 197 slalom boat have put a Wakeboard Pro in it instead of the Digital pro 3 event. Edit: i.e. the previous owner, not you, Paint
Old 07-09-2018, 11:54 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
If the person that owned the boat before you purchased a software upgrade, 6.5 could be loaded into your 6.3
SkiDad was pretty confident it was on there....

So why would I buy a digital pro anyways when I can get this software upgrade. How can I get this software upgrade.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:08 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Malibu Sunsetter LS1
The version number will show up when you start PP.

You said you have 6.3 - and there will 6.3 Wakeboard Pro and 6.3 Digital Pro in the same device - it's all the same software - all you have to do is what I said above - when you reset just hit down to not select Wakeboard Pro. And then check out the manual I gave you a copy of.

The only difference when they sold these older paddle wheel units was the labeling and the inclusion on a smart sensor in package (this picks up the magnets in the course)

I'm only trying to be helpful here - why don't you give it a try - you have nothing to loose
Old 07-09-2018, 02:06 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
I'm only trying to be helpful here - why don't you give it a try - you have nothing to loose
You've been very helpful. Thank you!

No one has told me this before. I feel like this is a bit of a game changer. Ya my boat won't pick up the magnets but who really cares. As long as I can get the speeds dialed in via RPM then I think I'm golden.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:04 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Ya my boat won't pick up the magnets but who really cares. As long as I can get the speeds dialed in via RPM then I think I'm golden.
If it does not matter, then you can leave it in WB Pro mode and simply write down the RPMs for each desired speed and dial it in that way. Just sayin.

I would recommend having these RPM:Speed settings written down:

58 (36.0)
55 (34.2)
52 (32.3)
49 (30.4)
46 (28.6)
43 (26.7)

Either way, you're correct about the magnets because many clubs and communities do not put magnets in anymore, expecting you to have SG or ZO.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:20 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
If it does not matter, then you can leave it in WB Pro mode and simply write down the RPMs for each desired speed and dial it in that way. Just sayin.
yes, you could do that. but if digital pro was there, wouldn't it be preferable to pre-program the rpms to the speed, so all you would need to do is plug in the speed versus memorizing rpm or having something written down that you had to refer to?

I'd rather just plug in the speed.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:28 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
yes, you could do that. but if digital pro was there, wouldn't it be preferable to pre-program the rpms to the speed, so all you would need to do is plug in the speed versus memorizing rpm or having something written down that you had to refer to?

I'd rather just plug in the speed.
If the reprogram works, sure. When you drive PP or SG boats however, you still need to reduce the throttle to not overshoot the gates, so learning the approximate RPMs isn't a bad idea. Your skier will love you for that.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:41 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
When you drive PP or SG boats however, you still need to reduce the throttle to not overshoot the gates, so learning the approximate RPMs isn't a bad idea. Your skier will love you for that.
me no understand