Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-02-2018, 12:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
Nav Lights out?

2014 X30...everything else works - storage, floor lamps, and inside tower LED. The green/red bow lamps and tower overhead beacon are out. On the dash, the NAV switch has an indicator that lights when turned on and thats out too...FUSE?

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-02-2018, 12:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X14V 1.56:1 MV8, 1983 Stars Powerslot
I have a similar issue except it's my aft bilge pump. Indicator light doesn't turn on when switched to manual. Pulled the fuse and it had popped.

Fuse likely is not the root cause...the fuse is an indicator that there's an electrical issue since it's pulling more current than it ought to.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Thanks...Ill have to have a look.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Turns out I had bad breaker. Apparently, the springs in the breakers fail occasionally and I couldnt reset. Not as simple a fix as it should have been to change the part - bus bar connects across the backs, so had to go through rear of panel and disconnect the bar and other screws...PITA - but its fixed. Dealer takes pretty good care of me!
Old 07-05-2018, 04:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPRO View Post
Turns out I had bad breaker. Apparently, the springs in the breakers fail occasionally and I couldnt reset. Not as simple a fix as it should have been to change the part - bus bar connects across the backs, so had to go through rear of panel and disconnect the bar and other screws...PITA - but its fixed. Dealer takes pretty good care of me!
Just tape in back in place what could go wrong?
Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Old 07-07-2018, 07:53 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2016 MasterCraft X26
Was the lights being out ever intermittent? I have the Nav lights out, the blower, dash screen goes in and out, and none of the other lights work most of the time on my 2016 X26. If I hit a nice big wake, some of it comes on, and I have to keep resetting the battery switch to get my wake to work.

Keep being told it was the batteries from the dealer, but they are 100% charged. Has to be a short somewhere I assume as it is intermittent. At first I thought it was just the Nav light so I bought a new one, but it appears to be way more than that.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:11 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMLX26 View Post
Was the lights being out ever intermittent? I have the Nav lights out, the blower, dash screen goes in and out, and none of the other lights work most of the time on my 2016 X26. If I hit a nice big wake, some of it comes on, and I have to keep resetting the battery switch to get my wake to work.

Keep being told it was the batteries from the dealer, but they are 100% charged. Has to be a short somewhere I assume as it is intermittent. At first I thought it was just the Nav light so I bought a new one, but it appears to be way more than that.
wasnt intermittent that Im aware. That sounds like one of the harness plugs may be loose? I dont think a short would effect so many systems at same time.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:24 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2016 MasterCraft X26
Thank you for the response DHPRO and I checked everything I could see for something bent, and it might be a software update but not sure yet. The dealership is supposed to come take the boat this week and go over everything.

The boat now starts up as part of the boot sequence, then shuts off right away. At that point, will not start anymore so should be fun trying to get to our launch ramp now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk