Old 10-13-2011, 12:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 XStar
Thanks JORSKI for the education on ZO vs PP
Old 11-03-2011, 09:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft PS197 TT, #31/100, MCX 5.7L
Latest off Perfect Pass' website:

Oct 26, 2011 PerfectPass sets price for new Z Box and software upgrade at $439. Availability in limited numbers is expected by year end. As part of the new software package, all Star Gazer Three Event Systems will soon feature “No Magnet Timing”, eliminating the need for course magnets and Smart Timer Magnet Sensor. Any existing Star Gazer client will be able to purchase a software upgrade stick at $99 if they wish to add this “No Magnet” feature to their existing system.
2005 ProStar 197TT, #31/100; Tournament PB 1.5 @ 38 off, June 2012
Old 11-04-2011, 10:44 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Cool. I'll probably opt for the no magnet setup next year. The zero off emulator seems a bit pricey for what I "need."

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft PS197 TT, #31/100, MCX 5.7L
The Z Box is finally here! I received this email yesterday morning...mac

Limited Quantity of Z Box Upgrade Released

We are pleased to announce that after final validation in Mexico and Florida, we are releasing the first order of the Z Box and version 8.0 software effective immediately.

The Z Box Upgrade Kit ($439 + $24 Fed Ex Shipping) includes a Software Download Stick and a small box that connects to the StarGazer Master Module. The Upgrade will take about 5 minutes to install and is extremely simple. (You must have a Star Gazer System).

Much like the 9 settings in the ZO system, this Upgrade will allow you to set a pull letter from A1-C3. Skiers that have experienced the Upgrade agree that the pull feel is very much like that offered from ZO. In addition, the new software features “No Magnet Timing” which allows you to run on any course without using your Smart Timer Magnet Sensor.

We do not expect this to be a high volume product and therefore PerfectPass has just 50 upgrade kits available at this time. These are only available direct from PerfectPass.

To order or for more information call us at (902) 468-2150.

Important Note: Some early StarGazer Modules from 2008 are NOT compatible with the Z Box. If you believe you purchased your upgrade in 2008 you may want to make a note of the serial # prior to contacting us.

Mechanical Master Module – Any Serial # less than SGM 1000 is affected.

DBW Master Module – Any Serial # less than SG1100 is affected.

FAQ

Q. I have a DigitalPro System (Not Star Gazer), can I upgrade?

A. Yes, but in addition to the Z Box you will require a Star Gazer Upgrade Kit. The package price for both items is $ 849. (This assumes you have a multi-line Display). If you require a new Display as well, the total packaged cost is $1029.

Q. Does it ski and feel exactly like the ZO system?

A. The upgrade is designed to simulate the pull and feel of ZO and most agree it does an excellent job. However, depending on your boat, engine, prop, elevation, skier style, etc. it may not feel exactly like ZO in your boat compared to ZO in a new 2011 boat.

Q. If I set up my new Upgrade with the No Magnet Timing method, is it ok that there are magnets in the course where I ski?

A. Yes, you will unplug your Smart Timer Magnet Sensor prior to “Mapping” your course and using your system.

Q. How many courses can be “mapped” in the system?

A. You can enter up to 3 courses.

Sales Office Hours

Monday to Friday – 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST

PerfectPass Control Systems Inc.
14 Trider Crescent
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1R6
Phone: (902) 468-2150
Fax: (902) 468-8837
2005 ProStar 197TT, #31/100; Tournament PB 1.5 @ 38 off, June 2012
Old 01-26-2012, 02:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Sorry, I don't know much about this but was hoping someone might be able to answer a few questions. I installed perect pass stargazer on my previous boat (non MC) and it worked great. From what I understand medallion licenses the perfect pass name for the system on my 2011 X2, which is a paddlewheel system. It's ok for maintaining speed but is not as precise as the gps especially at surf speed. I know I may have to play around with the settings more though I did significantly increase the KDW. 0.4 mph off either way doesn't seem like a lot but is when you're surfing. Is this upgrade meant for the type of system I currently have? I called PP a few months ago about this and was told there was no way to put the stargazer on my boat. He suggested calling zero off to see if it was possible to upgrade with that. Anyone know if that's possible or if there are any other options? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Other
Z box is a soloution for tournament skiers who train behind PP , but are forced to ski in tournaments behind new boats equipped with ZO. It will basically make PP feel similar to ZO.Since ZO is only compatibale with DBW boats , those who rather not spend $$ on a newer boat, can still get the same feel by adding the zbox. ( supposedly!) So unless you ski tournaments , you dont really need it.

Last edited by lettmeknow; 01-26-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft prostar 197 tournament team 2003, 310 predator, zeroflex mini tower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacx2 View Post
Sorry, I don't know much about this but was hoping someone might be able to answer a few questions. I installed perect pass stargazer on my previous boat (non MC) and it worked great. From what I understand medallion licenses the perfect pass name for the system on my 2011 X2, which is a paddlewheel system. It's ok for maintaining speed but is not as precise as the gps especially at surf speed. I know I may have to play around with the settings more though I did significantly increase the KDW. 0.4 mph off either way doesn't seem like a lot but is when you're surfing. Is this upgrade meant for the type of system I currently have? I called PP a few months ago about this and was told there was no way to put the stargazer on my boat. He suggested calling zero off to see if it was possible to upgrade with that. Anyone know if that's possible or if there are any other options? Thanks.
You could definatley update to Zero Off, but the best way to maintain a relative consistant surf speed in PP is to run in RPM mode. Just adjust RPM's to desired speed and the boat will maintain it better than paddlewheel speed.

Tags
perfect pass, stargazer