Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2009, 07:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Ri257
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
I have no idea if the update applies to wake edition. Seems like a few of those improvements, i.e., open water and not needing disengage in the turn (current version slams on the gas because the gps thinks you've basically stopped) would be helpful in a WB setting. I could see myself being interested in this upgrade. An adjustment for river current would be nice, too.
I'm thinking about installing it and reflashing her computer on Tuesday evening. I know you might not have much experience with MC cruise, but that is what it will be replacing.

I've driven our same boat, DBW, non-stargazer version of PP and I love it. Much better than MC cruise. Speeding up in corners is my only gripe, but it's barely a concern!

Should I just do it and get an update(s) and get her dialed in later?

Thanks in advance.......
Old 02-01-2009, 01:02 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand2snow22 View Post
I'm thinking about installing it and reflashing her computer on Tuesday evening. I know you might not have much experience with MC cruise, but that is what it will be replacing.

I've driven our same boat, DBW, non-stargazer version of PP and I love it. Much better than MC cruise. Speeding up in corners is my only gripe, but it's barely a concern!

Should I just do it and get an update(s) and get her dialed in later?

Thanks in advance.......
The turning issues in non-sg PP is not exactly the same. Basically, in SG (current), the system gets its info from the gps, and when it turns, about half way around the turn, the system thinks you've stopped because your distance over time has decreased drastically.

I think it's a fine system for what I use it for and much easier to setup than PP digital pro.

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 197
We do most of our boating on a river. The water runs on a daily published schedule that we can check the evening prior. I started out with 6.5ng in the 197 last year. Obviously, we don't ski the course when the water is running. I eventually upgraded to Stargazer, and went through a couple of the versions that were out last season. The last one I had was the pure GPS version.

Initially I thought the pure GPS version was the way to go, but in the end, it wasn't. I ended up putting the 6.5ng master module back into the boat alongside the Stargazer master module on the kick panel. If we wanted to wakeboard or trick when the current was running, I would swap the wires over to the paddlewheel driven 6.5ng.

Our current not only varies day to day in speed (depends on volume being put through dam that day) but will also vary depending how far up or down river you are in relation to dams. GPS driven stargazer was a pain. You'd start at the bottom of the lake and correct for a 1.5mph current, and as you progressed upriver, you'd have to watch the wake and slowly decrease the set speed to correct for the 2.0 mph current at the top end. May as well just hand drive.

So I think the Y cable to a paddlewheel and GPS is a very good idea - for some of us.

This year I'll have ZeroOff and PP Wakeboard Pro side by side. One GPS 3 event system for slalom skiing when the water isnt running, and then the PP paddlewheel system for trick,surf, and boarding when the water is running.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft PS197 TT, #31/100, MCX 5.7L
Now this is exciting! Confirmation of the latest Perfect Pass/Stargazer "ZO" upgrade in the works...this is a cut and paste from the "Ski Paradise Acapulco Newsletter January 21, 2011" written by Gordon Rathbun...

Eric Horton of Perfect Pass has been spending this week with Will Bush and the skiers here, testing and testing and will be offering a Perfect Pass upgrade. This upgrade will be for skiers who have a Perfect Pass speed control in their boats now, but don't want to spend the 4 figures to get the Zero Off in their boats. This upgrade will be below $500 (they don't really know how much yet,maybe $399.) This upgrade will be their Zero Off simulator accessory and should be a comfort to Perfect Pass skiers so their ride in practice can feel like a Zero Off ride in a tournament.

Hmmm, maybe now I won't need to sell my 2005 PS 197 TT??? mac
2005 ProStar 197TT, #31/100; Tournament PB 1.5 @ 38 off, June 2012

Last edited by macattack; 01-22-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '06 X7
This would be awesome!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:43 AM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack View Post
Now this exciting! Confirmation of the latest Perfect Pass/Stargazer "ZO" upgrade in the works...this is a cut and paste from the "Ski Paradise Acapulco Newsletter January 21, 2011" written by Gordon Rathbun...

Eric Horton of Perfect Pass has been spending this week with Will Bush and the skiers here, testing and testing and will be offering a Perfect Pass upgrade. This upgrade will be for skiers who have a Perfect Pass speed control in their boats now, but don't want to spend the 4 figures to get the Zero Off in their boats. This upgrade will be below $500 (they don't really know how much yet,maybe $399.) This upgrade will be their Zero Off simulator accessory and should be a comfort to Perfect Pass skiers so their ride in practice can feel like a Zero Off ride in a tournament.

Hmmm, maybe now I won't need to sell my 2005 PS 197 TT??? mac
That's a pretty expensive upgrade. At my level, I have a hard time telling a difference between ZO and SG. I know there are a lot of higher end skiers out there that will be glad to see this though.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

From Perfect Pass' website: http://perfectpass.com/perfect_pass_whats_new.html

Jan 25, 2011 Speculation of a PerfectPass Slalom Upgrade

Over the last few days there has been much speculation / rumors that PerfectPass will be offering an upgrade to its competitive slalom process that will simulate the pull of ZO. While PerfectPass can confirm that some preliminary (and encouraging) testing has taken place in Mexico, the decision to actually develop this add on hardware is months away. In the meantime, a significant amount of software development and more testing is required in order to determine whether such a product meets the needs of our users while being commercially viable.

We appreciate the interest shown by many of our customers.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Latest update on PP's ZO Simulator

Latest update from Perfect Pass:

http://perfectpass.com/perfect_pass_whats_new.html

Mar 4 , 2011 PerfectPass ZO Simulator Update

Further to our last announcement, we wish to advise that more encouraging testing has taken place in Florida over the past week. At this point we will be scheduling further testing and evaluation over the coming two months. It would be our hope that by late May a definitive decision will be made on the final details of this endeavor.

In the event the product is brought to market, it will simply be a small device that will plug into any existing PerfectPass Star Gazer Thee Event System.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM
MC Hero

Hopefully the price is right!

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Malibu Echelon and 1985 Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness140 View Post
We do most of our boating on a river. The water runs on a daily published schedule that we can check the evening prior. I started out with 6.5ng in the 197 last year. Obviously, we don't ski the course when the water is running. I eventually upgraded to Stargazer, and went through a couple of the versions that were out last season. The last one I had was the pure GPS version.

Initially I thought the pure GPS version was the way to go, but in the end, it wasn't. I ended up putting the 6.5ng master module back into the boat alongside the Stargazer master module on the kick panel. If we wanted to wakeboard or trick when the current was running, I would swap the wires over to the paddlewheel driven 6.5ng.

Our current not only varies day to day in speed (depends on volume being put through dam that day) but will also vary depending how far up or down river you are in relation to dams. GPS driven stargazer was a pain. You'd start at the bottom of the lake and correct for a 1.5mph current, and as you progressed upriver, you'd have to watch the wake and slowly decrease the set speed to correct for the 2.0 mph current at the top end. May as well just hand drive.

So I think the Y cable to a paddlewheel and GPS is a very good idea - for some of us.

This year I'll have ZeroOff and PP Wakeboard Pro side by side. One GPS 3 event system for slalom skiing when the water isnt running, and then the PP paddlewheel system for trick,surf, and boarding when the water is running.
Witness140,

I spoke with PP last fall about the river current issue and was assured they have a new version of the software to solve your issues. I also spend quite a bit of time on a river with current, and asked them why they couldn't offer a "river mode" that one could enable from the screen that allowed the system to get it's speed data from the paddlewheel. He said they have that option, but you basically have to ask them for it. That was the only thing holding me back from upgrading to a StarGazer system, so I'll probably do that this year.

Tags
perfect pass, stargazer