Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2014, 05:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 MasterCraft X2
Send a message via AIM to slink976
Sticky/Tacky Vinyl

So my Vinyl is completely jacked. It is sticky and picks up everything. I use Awesome to clean it which is prolly the worst thing in the world for vinyl but I am at my wits end with my vinyl. That all being said I am pretty sure the vinyl is toast in my boat but I want one more season out of it before having to bite the big bullet.

I have seen else where on the web that using mop-n-glo will help with the sticky issues. Has anyone tried it before? Is there anything else I can do to help this sticky/tackiness issue?

Slink
Old 06-02-2014, 06:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
There are a lot of proven products that will make sure your vinyl stays nice and soft, and not sticky.

I use 303 Vinyl Protectant, and people complain it makes the vinyl slick. Lol. So try that.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 MasterCraft X2
Send a message via AIM to slink976
I am using that but the stickiness is still there. I know the vinyl is toast and needs a complete redo at this point. Just trying to squeeze one more season out of it.

it's almost like the vinyl now has pours and that is creating the tackiness. My thinking is filling it with a wax to eliminate them. I plan to use mop n glo then 303 over the top of that

Whats wrong with my thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyxc View Post
There are a lot of proven products that will make sure your vinyl stays nice and soft, and not sticky.

I use 303 Vinyl Protectant, and people complain it makes the vinyl slick. Lol. So try that.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:48 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
totally awesome cleaner is cleans the vinyl well but should be followed by 303 protectant. Yikes based on your description the platisizers are leaching out of the vinyl.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Rather than order new skins, I'd take the boat to WCMI and have them use the old skins as a pattern. They will do a nice job, at probably the same price Cali Skier is going to charge to get OEM skins and with Cali Skier, you are going to be fighting them to get the skins ordered. Another option is to order the skins from another dealer, like Rambo Marine. Then you can have the skins shipped out here and installed.

http://westcoastmarineinteriors.com/index.php
Old 06-06-2014, 07:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X15, 2006, MCX 5.7 liter vortex, yellow / white slider
Use Biokleen amazing cleaner and then finish with a good vinyl protectant. I use the West Marine vinyl protectant. Need to put the oil back in the material. Then let it sit in the sun for a whole day. Hope it works....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk