Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2018, 09:07 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X23
Looking for a new surf style board

Looking at some of the end of season deals out there I thought about getting a second board. I just started surfing last year and have a Phase 5 Matrix. I thought about getting a surf style board with a multi fin set up. I think we will get out 1 or 2 more times this year before we have to put the boat away.

I am just a novice and started surfing last year. I want to have a second board been looking at the Liquid Force Dart and Fang. Does anyone have experience with these boards?

I am also looking for suggestions for other boards. Hopefully I can order something this week so I can try it out before the weather gets cold.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-24-2018, 09:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft, X30, 6.0L, Gen2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mca1710 View Post
Looking at some of the end of season deals out there I thought about getting a second board. I just started surfing last year and have a Phase 5 Matrix. I thought about getting a surf style board with a multi fin set up. I think we will get out 1 or 2 more times this year before we have to put the boat away.

I am just a novice and started surfing last year. I want to have a second board been looking at the Liquid Force Dart and Fang. Does anyone have experience with these boards?

I am also looking for suggestions for other boards. Hopefully I can order something this week so I can try it out before the weather gets cold.

Thanks for the help.

Lots of prior discussion threads. But I’d go Soulcraft or Parker Surfcraft. You will never look back.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Star
What about doomswell guys?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2018, 01:47 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2018 X26, 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mca1710 View Post

Thanks for the help.

I agree with RWojo on the Soulcraft option!!!! These boards are amazing and you will not be disappointed.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 NXT22 Prior 2002 Maristar 230 VRS
Email Jeff Wahlers at Soulcraft. He will put you on the right board. Worth every penny.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:09 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 NXT 22
LOVE my Soulcraft Da Honu
Old 09-25-2018, 12:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X-Star
I have a Soulcraft and a Doomswell. I like them both - they ride differently than each other, but one is not "better" than the other. Both are high quality, great builds and a million times better than most of the off-the-shelf boards.

With that said, if you are looking for a good deal on a closeout off-the-shelf type board, I have also ridden the Liquid Force Pod, and I really liked it..it is the closest thing to a Soulcraft/Doomswell type ride that I have found from any of the major manufacturers. However, there are so many board choices and everyone has come a long way in recent years; I have not ridden them all, and I have not ridden a lot of the really new boards - so I am sure there are others.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-Star 2004 5.7 MCX
Liquid Force Super Tramp!!!
Old 09-25-2018, 04:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal03r1 View Post
Liquid Force Super Tramp!!!
Thats more of a skim style board - he is looking for a surf style board.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:11 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X23
Thanks everyone I reached out to soul craft. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a board from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro