Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 02-24-2018, 09:59 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 200 Checkmate Pulse, Mercury 200 EFI
Wanted: Mastercraft Barefoot 200/Prostar Outboard

All -

The wealth of knowledge Iíve consumed from this forum far exceeds the thanks I can give. After reading and checking in far more often then Iíd like to admit, Iím posting to see whatís out there. Iím looking for a mastercraft barefoot, would consider the early 90ís prostar as long as itís an outboard. Iím located in Ontario and would prefer a Canadian boat, but Iím not against making the trip south of the border. Last year a fantastic boat was listed in Florida on this forum but we couldnít agree on price. Iím a patient buyer and would appreciate any help or interest from this forum. If you see something in your home state, please let me know. Iím not against a project boat and would be thrilled to share the journey here if the opportunity comes up.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-27-2018, 05:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 MasterCraft X25
Where in Ontario are you? I'm in Ottawa. I sold/traded my 90' ProStar200 about 4 years ago. Last I heard is it wasn't being used much, I can see if I can get some more info.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:55 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStar200 View Post
Where in Ontario are you? I'm in Ottawa. I sold/traded my 90' ProStar200 about 4 years ago. Last I heard is it wasn't being used much, I can see if I can get some more info.
That would be fantastic. I'm an hour north of Toronto. Any chance this is your boat?

http://www.boatspotter.com/Page.aspx...oStar-200.aspx

Sold late last fall from what I was told. Appreciate your help!
Old 02-27-2018, 08:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 MasterCraft X25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspot View Post
That would be fantastic. I'm an hour north of Toronto. Any chance this is your boat?

http://www.boatspotter.com/Page.aspx...oStar-200.aspx

Sold late last fall from what I was told. Appreciate your help!
That's is my old ProStar200. That's the add Sean and I did for the sale but that was back in 13'. Did you contact the Marina and talk to someone last year? I now the girl who bought it was also selling her cottage. I told her if she ever wanted to sell it to call me first. I will see what I can find out for you. My friend Sean owns Lens Cove.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:07 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStar200 View Post
That's is my old ProStar200. That's the add Sean and I did for the sale but that was back in 13'. Did you contact the Marina and talk to someone last year? I now the girl who bought it was also selling her cottage. I told her if she ever wanted to sell it to call me first. I will see what I can find out for you. My friend Sean owns Lens Cove.
That would be great. Sending you a PM now. When I called Lens Cove I was told it was no longer available. Sounds like youíll know more than anyone here.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:47 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft ProStar 200 1988 225hp Johnson
I'm in Qc. I was looking to replace my 1988 ProStar 225hp this fall but couldn't quite find the deal I was hoping for. From here to the end of the season I should be replacing it, so I'll check back if you are still looking. A small project of sorts...cosmetics....to put back mint...but it'll be reasonable.

Also about 3-4 went up for sale around Montreal last year. I keep my eyes pretty open so I'll hit you back if I see anything this spring. I honestly don't think they ever sold.....ads just timed out.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Mastercraft Platinum Prostar 190
There was a really nice one in Gravenhurst last summer/spring. It kept popping up from time to time for around 10-12k I believe. I'm in Toronto, i'll keep my ear to the ground for you. You missed a nice Prostar 200 in quebec a few months ago...buddy of mine made the trip and picked it up Kijiji is your friend.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:54 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft ProStar 200 1988 225hp Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strreamline View Post
You missed a nice Prostar 200 in quebec a few months ago...buddy of mine made the trip and picked it up Kijiji is your friend.
So make that maybe 2-3 available now!!! Likely one I was keeping my eye on before winter. There were 2 and they reposted at least once end of summer to winter. One was about 13K the other I'll say $8-9K. Which one did your buddy get? Pretty sure one had a Merc the other a Yam.

Brother now lives in Mississauga and has a boat up in Midland. He'll be home for Easter with his truck so if anything pops in the next month could maybe score you a delivery for some gas money!!
Old 03-01-2018, 03:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Mastercraft Platinum Prostar 190
If something comes up i'm happy to help get her home, I love a good road trip. If not, we could always take ya out for a drag in my 190.

This one was an 87 or 86 Prostar, with a merc on the back. Great shape out in QC for 6k. Hell of a deal.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:48 PM
TT Newbie

Seems like I have bad luck and keep missing the good deals. Missed a teal/pink scheme barefoot hull in Quebec with a 150 Yam last fall. Appreciate the offers to keep ears open for me. Happy to offer gas money, free pulls, and dock beverages in return.

Tags
barefoot, outboard