Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 04-28-2016, 04:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 X2
'05 X2 tower speakers pre-wired?

I'm finally getting to put on the tower speakers I bought. I feel comfortable about mounting them but am not excited about fishing wires through the tower. Anyone know if they are pre-wired on 2005 X2 if no tower speakers were installed from the factory?
Old 04-28-2016, 04:49 PM
TT Regular

Should also add that the speakers have lights in them. Don't think those are pre-wired but a guy can hope!
Old 04-28-2016, 05:30 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 MasterCraft X10
I might be wrong, but if it was pre-wired there should be a connector on the port side where the front tower leg splits. This made lowering the tower possible. It would also be pretty noticeable under the observers seat where the tower leg attaches to the hull.

Running new wire isn't a huge deal. A shop vac and some light weight string makes it a lot simpler task. Just get the string fed into the tower leg and suck it through with the vaccuum. Then tie the string off to the wire and it should pull right through.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft 08 x1 RTP 310
Most towers are prewired for lights and speakers. Just take off the end caps on the tower and fish the green and purple wires out. Then look under the observers seat for the other end of the wires. I did the same thing last year. This is typically a pretty easy install.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:43 PM
TT Regular

Thanks MCPstar! No connector on the port side but I do have one on the starboard side (for the nav light). I like the info on fishing the wire, will use that if needed.

I like the sounds of what you're saying Surfer. Almost too good to be true! I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say 'end caps' on the tower. I have the Zero Flex Flyer, what am I missing?