Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2005, 08:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Malibu Response LXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
Is that at Okeeheelee Park in WPB?
Yep! I love those lakes. This was the second year in a row that MC got to pull M3. That's been 175-185 skiers that they pull in one day on two lakes.

Andre, I find that head and shoulders is a fine tune thing that helps my consistancy going from lake to lake. If you feel that you are a hack I'd say you more in the course adjustment area. There I teach skiers to focus on keeping their elbows in tight to your hips through the wakes and all the way out to the bouy until you reach. If you do this properly, the ski will naturally swing under you maintaining its outward direction and get more angle with less speed. If you don't do this properly what you will feel is that you have to turn sharply and while you are still going fast because the ski doesn't swing under you. You loose your angle from the second wake out to the bouy.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:25 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Yep! I love those lakes. This was the second year in a row that MC got to pull M3. That's been 175-185 skiers that they pull in one day on two lakes.
That place was well designed. For those of you that haven't been there it's a county park with baseball fields, football fields, roller hockey courts, basketball courts, food stands and the lakes around the perimeter. My wife's family is in WPB and my nephew plays baseball there. I always get in trouble because I'm supposed to watch the games and my eyes are on the lakes...DOH!
Old 05-25-2005, 11:19 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Sportstar
Just thought I would join the fun...
Old 05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:

Andre, I find that head and shoulders is a fine tune thing that helps my consistancy going from lake to lake. If you feel that you are a hack I'd say you more in the course adjustment area. There I teach skiers to focus on keeping their elbows in tight to your hips through the wakes and all the way out to the bouy until you reach. If you do this properly, the ski will naturally swing under you maintaining its outward direction and get more angle with less speed. If you don't do this properly what you will feel is that you have to turn sharply and while you are still going fast because the ski doesn't swing under you. You loose your angle from the second wake out to the bouy.

Hope that helps!
Man that speaks volumes! Now all I have to do is make this happen on the water!
Skiid yesterday evening, by the way. Girlfriend is learning to drive the course quite well. I need to improve my skiing as I cannot blame it on the driver or the boat!
Old 05-25-2005, 11:22 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
Quote:

Hope that helps!
Thanks! will work on it .
I actually had that feeling twice last year at the end of the season,where you actually feel the ski swing under you ,both on my offside turns.I have the feeling in my memory of very good and easy turns with lots of angle.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Leroy

I'm sure this has been posted in the past but reading this is really good and getting me interested in a ski DVD. Which ones are the best for learning and improving your skiing? My kid are all interested in learning and nothing like textbook work to start with. Thanks!

I found couple of guys with temp course out Tuesday morning on Morse in a beat up Malibu, but they were taking it down when I arrived.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:13 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
I'll be heading up to Minocqua, WI this weekend, so hopefully the weather is half-way decent and I can get some pics.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:52 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcubrian
Welcome-Always good to have more Fort Worth!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 05-26-2005, 10:21 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcubrian
Tcubrian, where is that?

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:28 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy
I'm sure this has been posted in the past but reading this is really good and getting me interested in a ski DVD. Which ones are the best for learning and improving your skiing? My kid are all interested in learning and nothing like textbook work to start with. Thanks!

I found couple of guys with temp course out Tuesday morning on Morse in a beat up Malibu, but they were taking it down when I arrived.
I dont have it, but have heard rathburns slalom drills video is good for learning.
Drew ross' video is good and fun with many new camera angles, but his explanations are a bit hard to follow(that's why they make a rewind button).
There is an old HO cdx video out there with wade cox that is pretty good for training
Mapples is good if you already know how to ski and are versed in course lingo. It's slow, but worth every penny to hear anything mapple says and to watch him ski