Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2018, 11:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X25 w Gen2
X25 Zero Off doesn't maintain speed

I have a 13 X25. About a week ago the Zero Off started hunting around and not maintaining speed. For example when trying to surf at 10.8, after initial locking on 10.8 it will surge to 11.4 and then drop down to 9.6 then surge back up to 11.4. It will never maintain the set speed. Any idea what could be the issue? My X25 is having computer glitches but I can usually get by with rebooting, could it be related? But this new speed issue is persistent.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2018, 11:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 x-15 5.7
Not sure if the same issue but I find my zero off struggles at surf speeds unless I have enough weight in the bow. It will hunt like yours but if I move a person to the bow it will lock in and work perfectly. It also is flawless at other speeds so the zero off itself doesn't seem to be the issue.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-OH View Post
Not sure if the same issue but I find my zero off struggles at surf speeds unless I have enough weight in the bow. It will hunt like yours but if I move a person to the bow it will lock in and work perfectly. It also is flawless at other speeds so the zero off itself doesn't seem to be the issue.
To go along with the troubleshooting, Like said above, does it work at other speeds. If it does it is most likely related to that specific speed and hopefully not a hardware issue.

Has it worked perfectly at 10.8 since you purchased the boat and now with the same configuration it doesn't?
Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Old 07-10-2018, 09:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCourse316 View Post
To go along with the troubleshooting, Like said above, does it work at other speeds. If it does it is most likely related to that specific speed and hopefully not a hardware issue.

Has it worked perfectly at 10.8 since you purchased the boat and now with the same configuration it doesn't?
It does not seem to work at higher speeds as well and nothing has changed on the boat. Same prop, same weighting.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Is their a GPS diagnostic menu? Couldn't find it in any of the menu items.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
If it worked before & just cropped up, sounds like the GPS puck is bad. It is on the Driver (Starboard) side just outside the windshield. Follow the wire from there, it has a plug into the main junction box under the dash, check to make sure it is plugged in tight.

There is an updated version, the original one would "Fall Asleep" and it takes a bit for it to wake up & take over control. With the old version, if you forget to set the profile while underway, then set, the boat will surge down to a really low speed, and sometimes have trouble gaining back to speed. Pulling the throttle back to neutral for a second, then getting back on the throttle, it works as it should.

To my knowledge there is not any settings like the older paddle wheel versions.