Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 10-25-2018, 03:57 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Michigan's east side lakes

This summer we purchased our first boat and we have been looking for lakes in the area to surf. We are looking in the Fenton and Waterford area. once we find a lake we enjoy we might look for a cottage. Does anyone have any recommendations of a deep lake in the area? Especially one with low jet ski traffic Thanks for the help.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2018, 04:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Not Lake Saint Clair...If you find some prospects let me know lol. not that i'm in the market to move just yet but I have thought about having the nice quiet life of a private lake that I don't need to boat 30 minutes to a good surfing/boarding spot.
Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Old 10-25-2018, 04:35 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCourse316 View Post
Not Lake Saint Clair...If you find some prospects let me know lol. not that i'm in the market to move just yet but I have thought about having the nice quiet life of a private lake that I don't need to boat 30 minutes to a good surfing/boarding spot.
Right now we have been going to Lobdell lake in fenton it surfs good but gets busy. I like Wamplers lake in Brooklyn but everyone we know lives north so It is definitely Hard to find someplace good. I have herd Cass lake is fun but crazy busy.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADP43619 View Post
Right now we have been going to Lobdell lake in fenton it surfs good but gets busy. I like Wamplers lake in Brooklyn but everyone we know lives north so It is definitely Hard to find someplace good. I have herd Cass lake is fun but crazy busy.
I would say scout out some private lakes that you wont normally have access to. Not sure if there are any good private lakes that will match your criteria. Maybe ask the realtor if you can take your boat out and scout it out for a day. If it is a decision making event then i'm sure they will let you. though maybe not, I'm not a realtor. I would let you. Kinda cold now though. sucks to suck.

check out Lakeville lake maybe? I haven't been out on that lake.
also ...hell of a first boat...welcome to the party.
Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Old 10-25-2018, 06:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 basstracker, 2000 Targa 210, 2007 mastercraft CSX..
Lots to be said here...LOL.

I grew up in southeast mich. Currently chasing around a 4 year old, but Iíll get back to you later.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2018, 09:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 XStar
Wamplers Lake is nice. Itís busy on weekends.

Iím on Devils Lake. A little far from Fenton, but Iíll gladly host anyone who wants to check out the lake. I have plenty of dock space.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thereís literally 200 lakes in this area. I know because Iíve fished a lot of them. I donít think your going to find a lake that DOSNT have many jet skis on them. I hate more than that is all the slow moving toons, at least all the jet skis have to move out of the way..lol.

Here is a good book to pick up or you can down load it to your computer . https://scmaps.com/southeast-michiga...ing-map-guide/
That will show you depth of the whole lake and if it has a public launch and much more.

Maceday and lotus lake would be my first choice, deep water (120í) on maceday, beautiful scenery, with super clarity, and you have access to lotus lake. It does stay cold because of the depth but you can move to lotus to hang out and chill. It has Some of the cleanest water around, because of the springs. The only down fall is itís a public lake.

A lot of traffic if you are on a lake that has public access, in the summer time.

We where on oxbow lake this summer surfing with some other TT members and that was great because it was private and no extra traffic on the weekends (sorry, dan..lol).

Cass lake and union, are very busy.

Lake Fenton, good, but very busy.

Cedar island, is to small, and public.

PONTIAC lake, is full of stumps, and I wouldnít want to get a mouth full here ..lol.

Lake Orion, is my closest lake to me, and has way to many Toons on it....lol.

Long lake in ďlake OrionĒ is nice, med-small size ( it was once a dedicated ski lake ďonlyĒ) it is private, deep, and is a nice oval shape to it. My brother has property on it (you can let me know and Iíll get you on it).

Lake Voorheis, is a nice clear, private lake.

Lakeville, has a ton of stumps.

Lake St Clare is an awesome lake. It has a ton of cottages on river canals for sale all the time and that lake is endless. You can always find a nice quite spot, during the week. Itís so big even on the holidays, there are plenty of spots to hang out. Lots of drunks too. Itís not the deepest at 7í being the average. Roman and I was on crashcorse316ís, X80 this summer on St Clare (Good times).

Old 10-26-2018, 08:58 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbuffalo View Post
Thereís literally 200 lakes in this area. I know because Iíve fished a lot of them. I donít think your going to find a lake that DOSNT have many jet skis on them. I hate more than that is all the slow moving toons, at least all the jet skis have to move out of the way..lol.

Here is a good book to pick up or you can down load it to your computer . https://scmaps.com/southeast-michiga...ing-map-guide/
That will show you depth of the whole lake and if it has a public launch and much more.

Maceday and lotus lake would be my first choice, deep water (120í) on maceday, beautiful scenery, with super clarity, and you have access to lotus lake. It does stay cold because of the depth but you can move to lotus to hang out and chill. It has Some of the cleanest water around, because of the springs. The only down fall is itís a public lake.

A lot of traffic if you are on a lake that has public access, in the summer time.

We where on oxbow lake this summer surfing with some other TT members and that was great because it was private and no extra traffic on the weekends (sorry, dan..lol).

Cass lake and union, are very busy.

Lake Fenton, good, but very busy.

Cedar island, is to small, and public.

PONTIAC lake, is full of stumps, and I wouldnít want to get a mouth full here ..lol.

Lake Orion, is my closest lake to me, and has way to many Toons on it....lol.

Long lake in ďlake OrionĒ is nice, med-small size ( it was once a dedicated ski lake ďonlyĒ) it is private, deep, and is a nice oval shape to it. My brother has property on it (you can let me know and Iíll get you on it).

Lake Voorheis, is a nice clear, private lake.

Lakeville, has a ton of stumps.

Lake St Clare is an awesome lake. It has a ton of cottages on river canals for sale all the time and that lake is endless. You can always find a nice quite spot, during the week. Itís so big even on the holidays, there are plenty of spots to hang out. Lots of drunks too. Itís not the deepest at 7í being the average. Roman and I was on crashcorse316ís, X80 this summer on St Clare (Good times).

Thanks for the info! I look forward to hooking up With fellow members to surf next summer. I grew up boating just about every weekend and I loved it.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADP43619 View Post
Thanks for the info! I look forward to hooking up With fellow members to surf next summer. I grew up boating just about every weekend and I loved it.

Hey!..No problem. Shoot me a PM, if you ever need some extra ďpplsĒ next summer. We have a good group of TT members to ride with.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:56 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
Wamplers Lake is nice. Itís busy on weekends.

Iím on Devils Lake. A little far from Fenton, but Iíll gladly host anyone who wants to check out the lake. I have plenty of dock space.

Ya I grew up boating on wampler with a 20 ft bayliner and liked it we went to devils once but the sandbar scared off my parents. I may have to take you up on that in the spring!!