Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 12-18-2017, 10:40 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Zone control seems like a fairly basic function. It's difficult to believe that this isn't an available feature as most marine heads units include this feature in everything past their entry system offering. We use this feature quite a bit when on the water surfing to kick up the tower speakers when underway then kill them while changing riders. I'd be surprised if this isn't something you'll hear quite a bit more about as these systems continue hit the water.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallnut21 View Post
Are all the software and polarity issues that most 2018 models that have already been delivered being addressed at factory?
Yes. These two issues have been extensively investigated from all aspects and production gates to catch errors have been adjusted.

We added steps to improve matching the system software profile to the audio system.

The speakers have always had two different size terminals so as to avoid polarity errors; however, some of the harness leads were terminated with two large terminals (rather than a large and small) which could lead to wiring errors. Checks to ensure harness build integrity have since been implemented as well.

For a better understanding, either error could create a situation where the bass levels were impacted to a varying amount - to be clear, there has always been bass present rather than a true "no bass" situation. If a subwoofer or amp channel was inop, it would be easy to catch during the final QC checks of the audio system.

Both issues are simple fixes that the dealers are able to correct for any boats that are affected.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X23, 6000GDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx1 View Post
^^^This.

The guy that can afford to spend $150K on a toy is making 7 figures a year (or upper 6 figures....but who's counting ) and that is the stated target market and maybe MC's assumption about "out of the box stereo" is correct....but only time will tell.

What percentage of the people that enjoy/appreciate and own mid to high-end autos (i.e. Mercedes/Porsche/BMW/Lexus/Audi/Denali/Land Rover/etc.....almost any auto over $50K) go to aftermarket audio?

Over the years, I have watched proprietary touch screen integration (GPS/Climate/Sound/etc.) in the automotive market put a lot of audio shops out of business. A good friend of mine made a killing from 1970 to 2000 on aftermarket audio and video for autos. He had three physical locations and now he is down to one location (and several vans) and making his $$ on home AV.

It may be Koolaid or legitimate, but the manufacturers look to be embracing factory tuning audio per boat/vehicle/application because they think (right or wrong) their target market wants a good sound with no fuss and full integration; plus MC and their dealers get to capture more revenue.

Personally, I see why MC is making the gamble and going in this direction.
This is well said, and I fit in your demographic bucket. However, I must say that I have been a huge klipsch fan since I was 18YO with my Heresey’s and have had klipsch products my whole life...this 52 year olds big “however” is that I expected more from this system. It needs bass you can feel for a boat. My JL audio setup with a single boxed 10” sub in my x30 pounded and rippled water. The system needs to be more open and flexible for upgrading... even if it stays within klipsch... I don’t care, but I want to have that ability to hit the throttle more times than not and FEEL my music. This system sounds remarkable for a living room application, and reminds me of buying a boxed satellite system. You get more umpf from well spent on separates... period. First time boat owners will be thrilled, but guys who are on their 2nd and 3rd boats with expensive aftermarket gear will want more. So this your free market survey. If you more detail, let me know. I cannot wait get my new x23 on the water this week after the audio system gets its mods
Old 12-18-2017, 01:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft X-Star 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by btriantos View Post
This is well said, and I fit in your demographic bucket. However, I must say that I have been a huge klipsch fan since I was 18YO with my Heresey’s and have had klipsch products my whole life...this 52 year olds big “however” is that I expected more from this system. It needs bass you can feel for a boat. My JL audio setup with a single boxed 10” sub in my x30 pounded and rippled water. The system needs to be more open and flexible for upgrading... even if it stays within klipsch... I don’t care, but I want to have that ability to hit the throttle more times than not and FEEL my music. This system sounds remarkable for a living room application, and reminds me of buying a boxed satellite system. You get more umpf from well spent on separates... period. First time boat owners will be thrilled, but guys who are on their 2nd and 3rd boats with expensive aftermarket gear will want more. So this your free market survey. If you more detail, let me know. I cannot wait get my new x23 on the water this week after the audio system gets its mods

What upgrades are you doing? I’m with you in regards to the subs and lack of bass
Old 12-19-2017, 09:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeG23 View Post
What upgrades are you doing? I’m with you in regards to the subs and lack of bass
Adding twin 12” JL audio sub enclosure and 4 rev 10’s for the tower, powered by wetsounds sinister amps. Adding a third battery, and wet-sounds EQ for new bass and tower control.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:51 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Quote:
Adding twin 12” JL audio sub enclosure and 4 rev 10’s for the tower, powered by wetsounds sinister amps. Adding a third battery, and wet-sounds EQ for new bass and tower control.
Advanced Audio Package.

Separate head unit or did you connect to the mother ship somehow?
Old 12-19-2017, 11:19 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Great choices!!

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 12-19-2017, 11:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
Advanced Audio Package.

Separate head unit or did you connect to the mother ship somehow?
Have a guy that is tapping into the mother ship
Old 12-19-2017, 12:35 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
interested to see how?
Old 12-19-2017, 12:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft X-Star 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Have a guy that is tapping into the mother ship
I am very interested in this solution