Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 09-30-2017, 01:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 XT22, 2008 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
I replied in the other thread, but I'll put it here as well.

It's not so much an update in the sense of adding features/functions. Rather, it is re-loading the correct software profile into the DSP that matches the audio package that was installed in the boat. There may have been a potential for the DSP to have had the wrong active profile, which would affect the performance of the system. Each boat model and audio package were custom tuned for optimum performance so the DSP needs to have the correct profile loaded.

Your dealer will be able to re-load the correct profile to ensure that it matches your boat model/audio system.
Got it thanks, I'll hit up the dealer to make sure the right profile is installed.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft X-Star 50th Anniversary
Klipsch? Anything?
Old 10-02-2017, 01:30 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeG23 View Post
Can you comment on the exact system in the xstar? I have one on order but no details on speakers sub amps etc. can you post a picture of the 80 vs 85?

The XStar has the premium package as standard. It will have a pair of 8.5" in both the bow and the cockpit zones; one pair of 7" in the helm & two subwoofers. There will be one 8ch and one 1ch amp that feeds everything including 7" or 8.5" tower speakers. If you order the dual pod tower speakers, it will add an additional 4ch amp.

I don't have photos of the different cans as these are not supplied by Klipsch. However, if you look through the build-a-boat on the website, you can see photos of the S80 & S85 styles. Your dealer can likely provide assistance with photos as well.

Congrats on your new boat!
Old 10-02-2017, 02:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 XT22, 2008 X2
Does every boat ordered with the twin pods come with the additional 4ch amp? So there would be 3 amps total?
Old 10-02-2017, 03:33 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime View Post
Does every boat ordered with the twin pods come with the additional 4ch amp? So there would be 3 amps total?
The twin pods will use a separate 4ch amp to drive them. There is also a configuration that uses quad 7" cans, which will also use the 4ch in addition to the main amp(s).

There are some configurations that may use only a single 5ch for four main + one sub along with a 4ch for the dual pods.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Sorry for basic questions, have not had a chance to use the Klipsch MC system.

Is the head unit now integrated into the MC system/dash screens? Is there no separate head unit? If one orders an MC with no Klipsch system, can an aftermarket system be linked to the MC screens?

Did Klipsch develop the marine capabilities, or was it ASA? Can you describe the marine components/upgrades that were added?

Others have commented on engine noise in the system at low volumes, and have either added filters or sought adjustments. Can you please comment on this?

Thank you for engaging TT.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:40 PM
TT Newbie

I have been reading posts on this forum because I have been talking to a dealer about purchasing a 2018 ProStar. I am told there are no upgrades for the stereo for this model. I would like to add a subwoofer. It seems that Klipsch is saying that the radio software can not be updated for this. Is this correct, Klipsch?
Old 10-04-2017, 05:19 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
Sorry for basic questions, have not had a chance to use the Klipsch MC system.

Is the head unit now integrated into the MC system/dash screens? Is there no separate head unit? If one orders an MC with no Klipsch system, can an aftermarket system be linked to the MC screens?
This will vary by boat/option chosen.
• Standard audio package will consist of a two-piece Klipsch stereo that powers four Klipsch speakers. No DSP, subwoofers or external amplifiers.
• Advanced packages will add to the base package the DSP, external amplifier(s), subwoofer and ability to add tower speakers. The Klipsch stereo no longer provides amplification to the speakers as this is done by the power amp(s) after DSP processing.
• Premium packages will utilize the Touchscreen dash to provide source (Tuner, Bluetooth & USB) and all system controls (volume, zone, etc.) and will not have the Klipsch stereo unit. This is integrated with the DSP and amplifiers.

There are no provisions to integrate third-party stereos into the Touchscreen dash, nor can you use a third-party stereo to integrate with the DSP. If you had a boat with no audio gear installed from the factory, everything added as aftermarket would be wholly independent.

Quote:
Did Klipsch develop the marine capabilities, or was it ASA? Can you describe the marine components/upgrades that were added?
ASA is directly behind the development of the system. We have decades of experience in marine audio and other specialty applications for electronics. Considerations must be made to handle temperature extremes; UV exposure; contact with water and high humidity environments, etc. Things like sealed amplifiers; conformal coated circuit boards and other board-level enhancements for durability; UV resistant paint; insulated tinsel leads on the speaker; heavy vibration durability; cast aluminum speaker baskets for rigidity and thermal properties are among some of the areas that go into designing a true marine grade system which won’t be found on most traditional autosound gear.

At our headquarters in Elkhart, IN, we have a full Engineering dept. with design and test lab. We have the specialty environmental chambers to run rapid thermal cycles; multiple G-force vibration; UV exposure; salt/fog corrosion test chambers; IPX and UL water chambers. The Klipsch gear has been put through the paces, and then some more.

Quote:
Others have commented on engine noise in the system at low volumes, and have either added filters or sought adjustments. Can you please comment on this?
The only noise issues that I am aware of have already been addressed by MasterCraft. One being how that specific boat (early production) was wired for power & ground. The other was due to the Ethernet cable linking the dual screens creating a ground loop. Neither were caused by the Klipsch system. Again, these have already been resolved by the MasterCraft engineers and there are no unresolved noise issues to my knowledge. If there are any out there, they likely are of one of these types and a visit to the dealer should be able to correct.

I hope you get a chance to hear the Klipsch system in person. Everyone who had the opportunity to catch the show boat at IBEX were very impressed. The sheer volume, quality of sound and unrivaled clarity with zero distortion made more than a few jaws drop.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:26 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers0324 View Post
I have been reading posts on this forum because I have been talking to a dealer about purchasing a 2018 ProStar. I am told there are no upgrades for the stereo for this model. I would like to add a subwoofer. It seems that Klipsch is saying that the radio software can not be updated for this. Is this correct, Klipsch?
The ProStar is a different system. It is a standard package, meaning there are no options, that comes with a Fusion brand head unit and four Klipsch speakers (no amplifiers). It is not compatible with the Klipsch DSP or amplifiers.

Since it is just a standard head unit, you may be able to add aftermarket amp/subwoofer. I would consult your dealer or verify with Fusion what the capabilities are (such as line-level outputs).
Old 10-04-2017, 11:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '13 X2 Pro Gen2, '98 30th Anniv PS190- SOLD-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
At our headquarters in Elkhart, IN, we have a full Engineering dept. with design and test lab. We have the specialty environmental chambers to run rapid thermal cycles; multiple G-force vibration; UV exposure; salt/fog corrosion test chambers; IPX and UL water chambers. The Klipsch gear has been put through the paces, and then some more.
I'm guessing you have some Thermotron Industries test chambers and shaker (vibration) systems there?

SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190

Tags
bongiovi, dsp, klipsch, stereo