Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2017, 02:36 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgers1285 View Post
I'm getting the subwoofer installed on Friday. I was just going to have them put one in next to the amps, in a sealed box. I don't want holes being cut into the fiberglass.
But now I'm wondering if I can have them put one in a box on the floor of the bow. And using that box as a base for a bow filler cushion. That also leaves the storage space under the glove box freed up.
Thoughts?? Opinions? Any cons I'm not thinking of?
That's pretty creative. Have a sub firing back from the bow.
Only downside I can see is water and clean up. Build the box sealed with bed liner or something like it on the outside and build it to stand off the floor a bit for when the floor gets soaked.
Would be easy enough to just snake the speaker wires out from under the front seat.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 11-07-2017, 09:33 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Putting a sub in a box under the observers seat is a waste unless you cut a hole how to get the sound out to the boat. The minute you close the seat you will lose so much sounds. Under the drivers helms is a good option but I would again cut a hole to get the sound out to the cockpit.

Have you thought about adding a free air sub under the drivers helm or the stock location?

Ideally, adding a free air sub and cutting a hole is going to be the best route to get louder bass. I just recently added a second JL 10" free air sub and my boat sounds incredible.

As mentioned earlier, tape the area with blue painters tape, trace out the circle, drill a few pilot holes to get the jig saw blade started and take your time. Also, have extra blades because they go dull quick.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:45 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgers1285 View Post
I'm getting the subwoofer installed on Friday. I was just going to have them put one in next to the amps, in a sealed box. I don't want holes being cut into the fiberglass.
But now I'm wondering if I can have them put one in a box on the floor of the bow. And using that box as a base for a bow filler cushion. That also leaves the storage space under the glove box freed up.
Thoughts?? Opinions? Any cons I'm not thinking of?
I did that for my boat. Worked great for me sound-wise.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2017, 10:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 NXT 22
I'd go with a JL 10 in the 2018 factory location. Added a 10 in my 2015 NXT 20 in that location and it so much better than the 8 that was in the 2017 mounting location
Attached Images

Tags
stereo, subwoofer, warranty