Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 06-04-2018, 01:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by btriantos View Post
Yeah, I misread that.. itís cold cranking amps. However, running the stereo for 45-60 mins doesnít put a dent in the power load. They are nice... and act like caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not even cold cranking amps. CCA for that battery is either 1150 or 1420, they publish both specs in two different places so who knows which one is true. CCA is the amount of current the battery can supply for 30 seconds at 0 degrees Fahrenheit without dropping below 7.2 Volts. This is really meaningless in a boat since not many of us are out at 0F and most of us are interested in capacity rather than max current. The 2250 number seems to be some kind of non industry standard measurement of 5 second max current.

I quickly lose confidence in a company that publishes 2 different specs for the same battery and uses non-industry standards to potentially mislead customers. They say that it can withstand 400 full discharge cycles this would be great if it is true.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:16 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 89 tristar 92 prostar 205 2007 maristar 200 (x2)
I Run A Simular Setup On Mt 07 X2 , I Use 4- 6v Golf Cart Batteries Two Are In The Area Where The Factory Battery Was And 2 Are In The Compartment In Front Of The Driver That Is Accessed From The Bow, Never Go Back 8-10 Hours Sitting At The Sandbar No Problem ! And The Boat Is Perfectly Balanced

Tags
6v batteries, batteries, stereo