Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 09-14-2018, 12:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 prostar 190
Built my own jump seat

I was interested in a jump seat to add extra space, also so I could have 4 people in the boat and still ski off the pylon. Having never built a chair before I started with some sketches and looked at stuff on the internet as well as the one east texas’ built.
The biggest issue is making sure it is narrow enough to fit in the space allowed. Mine is a little wider because I removed the side panels from my boat (still a work in progress). anyway I worked on some sketches and was having problems visualizing and getting to the next step so I just starting cutting 2x4’s and clamping stuff together, My original plan was to build it thin and light out of 1/2” plywood and that this was just a template if you will.
What I ended up creating is essentially a mini adirondack chair. When I showed it to a friend they asked if it was a kid seat, and while it does look like that most adults have no problems fitting it in. My brother says its the most comfortable seat in the boat. We’ll see if it ever gets converted to plywood. I expect to at least paint it and add rubber or plastic feet. Also, the back was originally supposed to be 4-5 inches shorter but I did not like how/where it fell in relation to my shoulder blades so I extended it. Its a little strange being the highest seat in the boat but its basically fine. I will try and pull of the exact measurements though if you have the interior side panels in your boat they won’t help much. I think its about 14” wide by 26” tall.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2018, 08:37 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
nice job ... quick solution for that unwanted 4th person!
Old 10-05-2018, 05:11 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: XT21
Looks really nice. Simple yet handy.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Prostar
Send a message via AIM to Tony Webb
A great kids seat

Tags
jump seat