Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2017, 08:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by atihanyi View Post
Been in the collision industry for 35 years
I would not have that carrier if they paid me to have them
I have had them for at least 20 years and have had my share of claims... I have never had an issue and they even paid on one claim they probably could have gotten out of.. Curious as to why they are "the worst" house claim 2x, car claim 1, motorcycle claim 1.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X Star MCX, Acme 1479 prop
I've had Farmers for 20+ years....currently 2 houses, 4 cars, boat, ATV, life. No problems with any claims. Very helpful. Regarding boat policy through Foremost. 3 levels....Basic, Plus, and Elite. Plus and Elite cover boat sport accidents....I have Plus. Basic doesn't (Basic is cheapest option).
Old 12-12-2017, 09:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1980 Glastron Carlson CVX-16 Deluxe w 1981 Evinrude 140
Farmers sucks, period.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster02 View Post
Farmers sucks, period.
The sky is green period... why do they suck?
Old 12-13-2017, 02:55 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
They probably support HOA's or something... Roadster is known to throw out harsh opinions then rationalize them with zero reasoning.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:05 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
I had Farmers for 33 years. 6 Cars, 2 houses, 3 motorcycles, 1 boat. We had a hailstorm which damaged the roof of one house, called them, they sent an adjuster, 3 days later said no to the roof despite everyone in the entire area having roofs done. Had them send out another adjuster, same result. Started me thinking maybe I needed to shop other ins companies. Signed up with a new company with better coverage for less money, waited until next summers hailstorm and called the new company, and wonder of wonders, the new adjuster said "sure it's covered", got the roof reshingled with zero hassles, and I hadn't had the insurance a year yet. No raise in premiums. At the same time I changed house ins. I changed auto ins., and M/C ins. I got full coverage on all the cars and bikes, dropped the deductible from 500 to 100, all for less than half what Farmers was charging me. Farmers had me as a loyal customer for 33 years, and they could not even reshingle my roof, and the jerks were charging me almost three times what I currently pay, for less coverage, higher deductible, and also with Farmers I only had 2 cars on full coverage, the other 3 were on "storage" insurance! Farmers had no loyalty at all to a 33 year customer, but they wanted loyalty from me after I told my agent I would cancel them out if Farmers could not offer me the same insurance coverage for the same price the other companies offered. Then to top it off 2 1/2 months later I get a bill, they wanted to charge me another 80 bucks for "covering" me for two months after my insurance expiration date, because I had not formally told them I cancelled. Believe you me had I had a loss during the those two months the answer would have been "your coverage expired two months ago". Needless to say I did not pay that phony bill. Farmers can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Last edited by roadster02; 12-14-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:07 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
They probably support HOA's or something... Roadster is known to throw out harsh opinions then rationalize them with zero reasoning.
It's not a reasoning that suits you maybe. There's the reason in the post above, happy?
Old 12-13-2017, 07:07 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster02 View Post
I had Farmers for 33 years. 6 Cars, 2 houses, 3 motorcycles, 1 boat. We had a hailstorm which damaged the roof of one house, called them, they sent an adjuster, 3 days later said no to the roof despite everyone in the entire area having roofs done. Had them send out another adjuster, same result. Started me thinking maybe I needed to shop other ins companies. Signed up with a new company with better coverage for less money, waited until next summers hailstorm and called the new company, and wonder of wonders, the new adjuster said "sure it's covered", got the roof reshingled with zero hassles, and I hadn't had the insurance a year yet. No raise in premiums. At the same time I changed house ins. I changed auto ins., and M/C ins. I got full coverage on all the cars and bikes, dropped the deductible from 500 to 100, all for less than half what Farmers was charging me. Farmers had me as a loyal customer for 33 years, and they could not even reshingle my roof, and the jerks were charging me almost three times what I currently pay, for less coverage, higher deductible, and also with Farmers I only had 2 cars on full coverage, the other 3 were on "storage" insurance! Farmers had no loyalty at all to a 33 year customer, but they wanted loyalty from me when I told my agent I would cancel them out if Farmers could not offer me the same insurance coverage for the same price the other companies offered. Then to top it off 2 1/2 months later I get a bill, they wanted to charge me another 80 bucks for "covering" me for two months after my insurance expiration date, because I had not formally told them I cancelled. Believe you me had I had a loss during the those two months the answer would have been "your coverage expired two months ago". Needless to say I did not pay that phony bill. Farmers can stick it where the sun don't shine.
so being in the insurance industry for over 25 years are you saying that the new insurance company put a new roof on with existing hail damage?

ps, I am not with Farmer's insurance but have heard their claims experience suck.

sorry reread your post and saw you had another hailstorm hit the roof. you are very lucky most companies do a inspection of the roof before they will insure the home.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:13 PM
MC Devotee

Just for the record, the hailstorm that happened the next summer with the new company did very little additional damage. The serious damage was really from the previous year that Farmers would not cover.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:12 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 ProStar 205
So you had "serious" roof damage, but did nothing about it? Maybe it wasn't "serious". I assume no leaks for a year.