Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2017, 12:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 prostar 190 330 ltr
Anyone stay wakeboard/ski Broken Bow Lake OK

Another lake that looks awesome I have researched a bit, but of course someone will know on the mc forums. Looking for a reasonable place to stay at Broken Bow Lake with my wife and 4 kiddos and of course the smoother water and less boats the better.

Joel
Old 06-20-2017, 09:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Something else, DD 2004 red/white/black
I go, a lot.

2004 Red/White/Black something or other.

Formally, 1994 RED Mastercraft 205, Chevy 5.7 TBI.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

any recommendations?
Old 06-20-2017, 01:12 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
I took the boy scouts for a week a couple of years ago. It was awesome. We pretty much monopolized a medium sized cove that was big enough for two boats to pull tubes in. When skiing or wake boarding one boat would go out into the main channel. It has some really cool islands in it, and the water is pretty clear for an Oklahoma lake. While there the scouts also took canoes down the river which was a blast. The wind can get bad, but then again that is par for the course in OK. Off topic: don't drop your keys in the lake. Help is far away. Ask me how I know...
Old 06-20-2017, 01:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Maristar 200 VRS
That is a very nice lake, we went a few years back and want to make it back out there again. Just Google Cabins at Broken Bow and a ton of options will come up. There was a cool cabin that was on my FB feed a few months back, I'll see if I can find it and post it up.

We launched at the Marina there by the damn, it was nice, a large ramp if I remember correctly. I think you can rent a slip there and keep your boat overnight in the water if you want. Be sure to bring water shoes as the beaches are rocks and not sand. The water is clear and nice...

Check out below the damn as well, some good fishing...
Old 06-20-2017, 04:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Something else, DD 2004 red/white/black
Cheaper lodging is in Broken Bow or Idabel. ($69-130) The Lakeview Lodge, is convenient.
(The Lodge, has a couple of large rooms, includes continental breakfast) If you were planning on renting two rooms. A cabin might be a consideration. ($250-up)

Most activities, are in Hochatown, Stevens Gap.
Lots of kid stuff. (Go carts, mini-golf, etc) Lots of places to eat. Breweries, distillery, wineries. Pizza (Grateful Head) Couple of places, has live entertainment.

Mexican food, is in Broken Bow/Idabel...and is very good. Some texmex, some authentic.

Of course, Beaver's Bend State Park. Most of the things, below the damn, got washed away from major flooding two years ago. They have cabin rentals, also.

As to the lake, there's a couple of spots. On weekends, these spots can get busy(i.e.- bad boat drivers!). As usual, early mornings, late skiing...for glass. You can PM me for locations. Week days, can be great.

There are also, cliffs, for jumping. Smaller one, is east of the damn. Bigger ones, are up river. (If going upriver, follow someone, for the correct route...and to the correct jumping cliffs.) Several areas, to anchor. You WILL need water shoes. The rocks, near shore, are very sharp. Trust me! Bring first aid kit.

Use search engines, for hotels, then PM me a list. I'll give you a 411.

2004 Red/White/Black something or other.

Formally, 1994 RED Mastercraft 205, Chevy 5.7 TBI.

Last edited by etduc; 06-21-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by etduc View Post
Cheaper lodging is in Broken Bow or Idabel. ($69-130) The Lakeview Lodge, is convenient.
(The Lodge, has a couple of large rooms, includes continental breakfast) If you were planning on renting two rooms. A cabin might be a consideration. ($250-up)

Most activities, are in Hochatown, Stevens Gap.
Lots of kid stuff. (Go carts, mini-golf, etc) Lots of places to eat. Breweries, distillery, wineries. Pizza (Grateful Head) Couple of places, has live entertainment.

Mexican food, is in Broken Bow/Idabel...and is very good. Some texmex, some authentic.

Of course, Beaver's Bend State Park. Most of the things, below the damn, got washed away from major flooding two years ago. They have cabin rentals, also.

As to the lake, there's a couple of spots. On weekends, these spots can get busy(i.e.- bad boat drivers!). As usual, early mornings, late skiing...for glass. You can PM me for locations. Week days, can be great.

There are also, cliffs, for jumping. Smaller one, is east of the damn. Bigger ones, are up river. (If going upriver, follow someone, for the correct route...and to the correct jumping cliffs.) Several areas, to anchor. You WILL need water shoes. The rocks, near shore, are very sharp. Trust me! Bring first aid kit.

Use search engines, for hotels, them PM me a list. I'll give you a 411.
Awesome will get back with you.

Joel
Old 06-21-2017, 10:17 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 X-Star
Broken Bow is a nice area but lodging is completely overpriced. Save 2-3 hours of driving from Wichita and head to Lake Tenkiller. The water is a little murky right now due to early spring rains (lake rose almost 40' in about 10 days, still about 5' up). A couple of weeks before Memorial, you could see the bottom of the lake from the docks at about 20' down.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2016 NXT22
I live just over an hour from Broken Bow and go several times a year.

Stay at the Beavers Bend Lakeview lodge. Not the most awesome place, but reasonably priced and the view is awesome.

http://www.beavers-bend.com/lakeviewlodge.htm

Lots of new restaurants over the last few years too.

Mexican - Pappa Pablano's in Idabel.
Pizza & beer - Awesome at Grateful Head.. big waits if you go late for dinner.
Moon tower - nice restaurant with high end food and brewery, but reasonably priced.