Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 08-04-2017, 10:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
New PB 3 @ -28

So this is my 3rd season getting to ski the course with any regularity. Last year I could run -15 about 20% of the time. This year I run it about 95% of the time, and have really been trying to work on my form, and have taken a couple of wacks at -22. Well today I was feeling really good and ran -15 a few times, cut the rope to -22. Ran it clean on my second pass (1st time running -22 clean in my life. Prior PB [email protected]) then cut to -28 and ran 2.5 my first pass and 3 on the second pass of my life at -28. Needless to say I was on cloud 9. Then it all came crashing down when I commented on my wife's driving and she went on strike. (See "Does your wife drive" thread)

How has everyone else progressed this year?
Old 08-10-2017, 08:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Prostar 190
Congratulations! I finally ran a really clean pass at -15/34 this season, but have only been in a course four times so far this season. I'm hoping to just successfully run that length and speed twice in set before the end of the season, which would be a first for me. Consistent access to a course is one of my biggest challenges.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:16 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorguy View Post
Then it all came crashing down when I commented on my wife's driving and she went on strike. (See "Does your wife drive" thread)
I double dog dare you to tell her "Makes a big difference when you have a good driver..."

Quote:
How has everyone else progressed this year?
Hate to tell you, I PB'd last night and I'm 1 buoy up from you. And I haven't shortened the rope in 2 seasons - I was fist pumping around [email protected] last night...
Old 08-11-2017, 12:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
Glad to hear from some other addicts. It is amazing how hard it is for me to progress at this sport. I would love to be able to grab a couple of sets every day, then I feel like I would actually be able to get better. The good news is I should be digging a test pit for a soil sample next week. I'm just waiting for the hay to be cut and bailed first. If it comes back good then the designer will start drawing my house plans, and hopefully about this time next year I'll be waking up every morning on private water with one of the best slalom courses in the area.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
I ran a new p/b yesterday as well . been struggling with 22 for a couple years now and finally got that dialed in . Started just skiing 28 and am now running that fairly consistently and last night ran a clean 3 at 32 . I think if I wasn't worn out I could have ran it
Old 08-14-2017, 01:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Prostar 205 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by atihanyi View Post
I ran a new p/b yesterday as well . been struggling with 22 for a couple years now and finally got that dialed in . Started just skiing 28 and am now running that fairly consistently and last night ran a clean 3 at 32 . I think if I wasn't worn out I could have ran it
Andy, That's awesome. I pulled out a 15/32 pass for the first time yesterday and Sara was driving. That was pretty sweet. Have a good time down in Farmer City.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:20 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
I would love to be able to grab a couple of sets every day, then I feel like I would actually be able to get better.
Not exactly. I have been skiing daily and maybe it's age but I ski worse. Every other day gives your body time to recover and you're much stronger w less fatigue.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
Just came back from The liquid Edge
Ran four personal bests in 48 hours
[email protected]/30 [email protected] 32/30 1 @ 35/30 and [email protected]/32
should have ran the last one but I ran out of energy
awesome on your 32 pass Niles
You have come a long way in a short time my friend
Old 08-26-2017, 08:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 197 2003
[quote=slalomjunkie;
Hate to tell you, I PB'd last night and I'm 1 buoy up from you. And I haven't shortened the rope in 2 seasons - I was fist pumping around [email protected] last night... [/QUOTE]

you talk a much better score than you ski.. You need to follow your own advice How fast are you skiing?

Due to knee surgery my course will not see buoys this year but the knee is improving and I feel very solid at 28 off 32 mph. At 62 I think my tourn. speed max might be 32 now...

Next year I ought to be deep shortline again if I continue to recover as I have been.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommurtha View Post
Due to knee surgery my course will not see buoys this year but the knee is improving and I feel very solid at 28 off 32 mph. At 62 I think my tourn. speed max might be 32 now...

Next year I ought to be deep shortline again if I continue to recover as I have been.
You stay at 34 max speed until 65 years old and then it drops to 32. At 70 it drops again to 30mph max speed.