https://www.wakeboardingmag.com/blog...rafts-x-80-sts
Old 10-25-2018, 03:08 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
This article here says STS stands for "second turn screw":

https://www.wakeboardingmag.com/blog...rafts-x-80-sts
Haha, I actually stumbled across that very same article yesterday. I dunno that they really know what they're talking about. First off, they admit that they know pretty much nothing about the boat. Second, they claim the boat is the saltwater version - so wouldn't that be SST instead of STS?

I actually sent an email to MC asking if they can shed any light. Who would know better than the manufacturer, right? I'll post up if I receive a reply.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by LipschitzWrath View Post
Haha, I actually stumbled across that very same article yesterday. I dunno that they really know what they're talking about. First off, they admit that they know pretty much nothing about the boat. Second, they claim the boat is the saltwater version - so wouldn't that be SST instead of STS?

I actually sent an email to MC asking if they can shed any light. Who would know better than the manufacturer, right? I'll post up if I receive a reply.
yea I have no idea what that Second Turn Screw would even mean..... the boat has counter rotating props... but that doesn't make sense...also how many manufacturers call their boats "Twin Screw" on official paperwork......

I spent HOUUUURRSSSSS...looking at the different trims on these beasts and found almost nothing on what the trims actually are. Just went with what the inspection said and the dealers list of what it had. If i wanted something it didnt have I would have bought something else
Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Old 10-25-2018, 03:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

From that article....
"On Thursday, our last day, we were cruising the open water in search of another new place to ride and this dude pulls up in his cigarette boat and is like, "Hey, what do you have in that thing?" I confidently reply, "We have twin Crusader 6.0-liter 375-hp engines -- what you got?" Well, he only had one engine, but he did have two hot chicks and we only had one so he won."

Truer words have never been spoken.....
Old 10-25-2018, 03:53 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X80
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCourse316 View Post
From that article....
"On Thursday, our last day, we were cruising the open water in search of another new place to ride and this dude pulls up in his cigarette boat and is like, "Hey, what do you have in that thing?" I confidently reply, "We have twin Crusader 6.0-liter 375-hp engines -- what you got?" Well, he only had one engine, but he did have two hot chicks and we only had one so he won."

Truer words have never been spoken.....
No kidding. Sounds like the cigarette boat owner was truly the one with "twin screws".
Old 10-25-2018, 04:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 XStar
Quote:

I was going to add a "this is prob BS" disclaimer to my post but I figured I'd let others make that call.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote:
No kidding. Sounds like the cigarette boat owner was truly the one with "twin screws".
HAH...I see what you did there.

Tags
dual, sale, x80