Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 05-17-2018, 04:20 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 XStar, 8.1 Liter
2007 XStar Tower Broken

I need some help on this. I have a 2007 XStar Zero Flex tower that the Starboard arm has broken as it joints the upper tower tube. I have talked to my local dealer (Utah Water Sports) and even talked to Kris Sivak at corporate in TN. None of them have a solution and have just told me to try and find a local welder to fix it.

In the pictures you can see that the inside of of the part that receives the arm has sheared off. So I cannot fasten it together. Right now I have some small c-clamps pinching it together. I also attached the good side (port) for reference.

One solution is for me to add the tower supports that they made for this model. Unfortunately, both my local dealer and Corporate Mastercraft said that they do not have the parts. The part number is 554928S. I did find one on eBay that is part number 554930S which said it was for 2008-2009 MasterCraft Zeroflex towers.

Any ideas on how to repair this? Or does anyone know if there’s a tower support kit floating around out there? Or if I can get the 554930S 2008-2009 kit to work on my tower.

I appreciate any help.
Attached Images

Last edited by Shake_Um; 05-17-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X45 496 crusader
These aren't the proper size but you'll get the idea. You would also need to find them in stainless.
Drill out the tower and use these along with the cap if you still have it. Http://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Phillip...screw+fastener
Old 05-19-2018, 07:53 AM
TT Newbie

Thanks Psgwake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psgwake View Post
These aren't the proper size but you'll get the idea. You would also need to find them in stainless.
Drill out the tower and use these along with the cap if you still have it. Http://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Phillip...screw+fastener
Psgwake. ~Thanks. That is a great idea and would look very clean finish. I will go look at my local Fastenal. They have a lot of really good hardware option. Thatís again for the idea.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:24 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 07 xstar
i don't think it'll be possible to weld the broken block together but if you still have the broken piece maybe you and through bolt it back together
Old 05-19-2018, 08:37 AM
TT Newbie

Unfortunately, I don’t have the plate, screws or the inside portion. It sheared while I was trailering it and I had my towing cover on the boat. So it must have bounced off the cover and it’s somewhere on the side of the Utah roads on the way to Lake Powell.

Bolting it back together and adding the support kit will be my best bet. I just have to locate a bracket kit for my year of XStar. I have been told that the 554930S will work on this boat.

Tags
2007 xstar, tower, tower brace kit, tower supports, zero flex tower