Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 05-14-2018, 08:35 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 mastercraft x45
Smile new owner have questions X55

well its been a long time coming, I just picked up my 2014 x-55. It is my first direct drive as well as first Mastercraft. As you can expect I have been figuring some things out with the operation of this beast. I have the murphy system and notice the video button which brings up 3 options (tower being one of them) I also noticed what looks to be a mounting port up on the tower. My guess is that the previous owner had some sort of camera up there. What needs to be done to view a camera from up there? (brand and accessories). I also noticed the tower has a switch under the tower, toggle one way it turns on a red dome light, but there appears to be a sensor or an additional light up there too. What is it? Also, its missing the ice chest, I haven't been able to confirm what size and brand fits in the location. If anyone has any pointers into things to keep my eye on or any good advice on anything
Old 05-16-2018, 03:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X30, Gen 2, 7.4L!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theglaze View Post
well its been a long time coming, I just picked up my 2014 x-55. It is my first direct drive as well as first Mastercraft. As you can expect I have been figuring some things out with the operation of this beast. I have the murphy system and notice the video button which brings up 3 options (tower being one of them) I also noticed what looks to be a mounting port up on the tower. My guess is that the previous owner had some sort of camera up there. What needs to be done to view a camera from up there? (brand and accessories). I also noticed the tower has a switch under the tower, toggle one way it turns on a red dome light, but there appears to be a sensor or an additional light up there too. What is it? Also, its missing the ice chest, I haven't been able to confirm what size and brand fits in the location. If anyone has any pointers into things to keep my eye on or any good advice on anything
Congrats on your first mastercraft! I have a 2014 x30 with the same Murphy system and you can connect a camera that plugs into the video input in the glove box. Don't know what brand or if you need to set it up in the software because I've never tried it. The cooler is just a standard igloo cooler that you can get from Walmart or any store. Will update you on the exact size tonight when I get home and look. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2018, 06:53 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 mastercraft x45
cooler

I purchased the 36 quart igloo ultra marine cooler and it fits perfect. I found the video input by the glove box. I also read somewhere on here that someone connected a interface that allows them to stream or mirror their iPhone to the screen. This would probably be awesome if I can figure out what it is that I would need to do that. I think a go pro would work good then. If anyone has any suggestions, speak up. Also, What size is the waste basket
Old 06-12-2018, 10:25 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 X-55
Hi, i am also a new mastercraft owner. I bought a low hour 2013 X-55 last fall and would love to talk with a fellow x-55 owner and see if you have had much experience with the refrigerator and the head. If anyone has any knowledge of the head please let me know. thanks!
Old 06-12-2018, 11:10 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat12 View Post
Hi, i am also a new mastercraft owner. I bought a low hour 2013 X-55 last fall and would love to talk with a fellow x-55 owner and see if you have had much experience with the refrigerator and the head. If anyone has any knowledge of the head please let me know. thanks!
I knew a girl once who had great knowledge of the.............

Sorry that was too easy.....