Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2018, 08:06 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X23 6000GDI (previous boat was 2014 X25) (4 other boats prior, but none MC)
Send a message via Skype™ to Loewen
Odds are it was a mommy and daddy's boat kid that was acting like an idiot. Watch the for sale ads. MC X35, good condition, few cosmetic dings, make you a good deal...
Old 06-20-2018, 09:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1989 Mastercraft Tri Star 190 - Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loewen View Post
Odds are it was a mommy and daddy's boat kid that was acting like an idiot. Watch the for sale ads. MC X35, good condition, few cosmetic dings, make you a good deal...
your forgot adult operated, leaped.........left out of the water at night.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-10
This happened about a quarter mile from my place. I know the people involved as well as the first people that were on scene. The family that owns the boat are good people. They are out every weekend with a boat load of young people that otherwise would never have the opportunity. One of the guys on the boat that night was one of these young people. In fact, I thought he was their son because he was always with them. Turns out he just has a very bad home life and so these folks have semi-adopted him and treat him like a son.

Sunday night, he and his buddy were going to the owners' lake house to use the pool. Somewhere along the way, they met the 2 girls and invited them to join. They ended up taking the boat out without permission. On their way back to the house, the other guy was driving. He was not familiar with the lake and was driving too fast for the visibility conditions. The first guy stands up to grab the wheel because he sees there is going to be a problem, and thats when the impact happened.
The guy standing up was ejected from the boat and found laying on the bank, just a couple feet from the water. He had some cuts and bruises but was released from the hospital that night. The driver had a pretty good cut on his head, but that was about it. The 21 yr old girl had a broken clavicle. The 19 yr old girl got the worst of it. She had a large cut on her head with her skull exposed, broken neck, broken back, 8 broken ribs, and bruised lungs. Fortunately she is stable now and looks like she'll come out of it ok.

I cant speak to whether or not alcohol was a contributing factor. Just too many stupid rumors floating around with no facts. I'm sure it will come out eventually. Its a shame for the owners though. They are having to treat it as a theft, for their own protection and because technically thats what it was. So this kid they've taken in and treated like a son for years is now going to be charged. Worse, I'm afraid they will now be more hesitant when it comes to how they treat the young people in their community, many of which are desperate for positive role models. Just a bad situation all around.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:38 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X-30 6.0L
Thanks for the update, man that's terrible.

2017 Nissan Maxima SL

Lonestar Masterbash
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=85369

Texas A&M '21
Old 06-21-2018, 10:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2017 Mastercraft Xt21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73blue View Post
I thought he was their son because he was always with them. Turns out he just has a very bad home life and so these folks have semi-adopted him and treat him like a son.
Best line... the owners are true Good people!

Sadly looks like someone took advantage of a great situation and now his life will likely be ruined and spend a bunch of time in jail.

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2017 Audi S3 Technik Ara Blue Crystal Effect with Advanced Handling package
Old 06-21-2018, 11:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
A very unfortunate situation...which brings up the question of why were the keys left in the boat? As expensive as these boats are, how can anyone who keeps their boat lakeside leave the keys on board in good conscience? You're leaving yourself wide open to any random person to walk in, drop the boat in that water and take off. Hence what happened here.

1998 MariStar 225VRS, 350ci LT1

Authorized Dealer for
Old 06-21-2018, 11:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X30; 2012 X15 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturvey View Post
A very unfortunate situation...which brings up the question of why were the keys left in the boat? As expensive as these boats are, how can anyone who keeps their boat lakeside leave the keys on board in good conscience? You're leaving yourself wide open to any random person to walk in, drop the boat in that water and take off. Hence what happened here.
Do we know the keys were left in the boat? Regardless, I don't usually lock mine away (nor my car keys). We have our boat keys hanging on a hook by the door that leads to our dock. Anyone in the house could grab the keys and take off with our boat without me knowing about it if they really wanted to. I think at a certain point you just have to make the ground rules clear and then trust those you live with to do the right thing.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:39 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Want to sell X35, minor hull damage.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 06-21-2018, 02:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 x30
My very wise mother used to tell me that there is no such things as a small decisions. You turn that key on that boat when you shouldn't have and look what happens. You make the decision to drive to fast in limited visibility and look what happens. Hopefully the family won't get sued by the people with the injuries.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmikler View Post
Hopefully the family won't get sued by the people with the injuries.
I'm sure the ambulance chasers have already tracked down the [email protected] head family of the "friend" and the others, if the "friend's" parent(s) didn't get to them first. That's how scuzzy people who are too preoccupied to raise their kids right act.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN