Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2018, 08:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 XT23 just traded the 2004 XSTAR, first was a prostar 190
XT 23 Looking for Feedback?

I know it is fairly new but does anyone have one or have experience with one? Good Bad and Ugly??
Old 05-25-2018, 08:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 50th X-Star, 6000
plenty of experience with the X-30 which was the predecessor. Great boat with excessive space for up to 16. Surf is top notch but requires a larger sacs to replace the factory, wakeboards well but a wake is a little wider than X pickelforks. Can be ski'd behind but not a replacement for comp ski boats. Huge amounts of storage space. Drives very well but will not handle large busy water very well.

In my mind it's the perfect all purpose boat, if you are going to have lots of people out and they will want to do all water sports it is a gem especially for it's cost point.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:12 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double View Post
plenty of experience with the X-30 which was the predecessor. Great boat with excessive space for up to 16. Surf is top notch but requires a larger sacs to replace the factory, wakeboards well but a wake is a little wider than X pickelforks. Can be ski'd behind but not a replacement for comp ski boats. Huge amounts of storage space. Drives very well but will not handle large busy water very well.

In my mind it's the perfect all purpose boat, if you are going to have lots of people out and they will want to do all water sports it is a gem especially for it's cost point.
Do you know if the hull design is the same as the x30?
Old 05-25-2018, 09:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Basically the same except they increased the underfloor ballast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2018, 09:51 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2017 XT23, 6000 GDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
I know it is fairly new but does anyone have one or have experience with one? Good Bad and Ugly??
We have a 2017, been a great family boat given we have 3 kids - 10 and under so we ski, wakeboard and surf along with a lot of tubing for the youngest 2. Iím still a beginner surfer so I canít speak to the wave intricacies but it works great for us at this point. I was between an XT23 and an X23 but went with the XT for the versatility and because my wife liked the traditional bow look better!

I actually think it handles chop very well for an inboard. I believe the hull is a little deeper than an X-30. We have the back flip up seats but wish it had the X23 style rear seats.

So far in 50+ hours we havenít had any issues except for an Ilmor water sensor issue that kept causing the temp alarm to go off. Once the patch was installed for that, no issue since.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbrad79 View Post
We have a 2017, been a great family boat given we have 3 kids - 10 and under so we ski, wakeboard and surf along with a lot of tubing for the youngest 2. Iím still a beginner surfer so I canít speak to the wave intricacies but it works great for us at this point. I was between an XT23 and an X23 but went with the XT for the versatility and because my wife liked the traditional bow look better!

I actually think it handles chop very well for an inboard. I believe the hull is a little deeper than an X-30. We have the back flip up seats but wish it had the X23 style rear seats.

So far in 50+ hours we havenít had any issues except for an Ilmor water sensor issue that kept causing the temp alarm to go off. Once the patch was installed for that, no issue since.
Cook thanks! ya we are in the pretty much same situation with kids and only been surfing less than one year.

How far back can you surf?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:06 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Basically the same except they increased the underfloor ballast.

Hulls pretty different. The XT23 wakeboards much better, But I have to give the better surf wake to the X30. I have ridden a dialed XT23 wave, and it is awesome.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 05-25-2018, 10:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Hulls pretty different. The XT23 wakeboards much better, But I have to give the better surf wake to the X30. I have ridden a dialed XT23 wave, and it is awesome.
with extra weight over and above factory? or just factory ballast?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

I yield my position to MC25. He has lots of experience in almost all of the mastercraft models. If itís an all around boat that you are going to use for everything. It will be great at all of it.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
I yield my position to MC25. He has lots of experience in almost all of the mastercraft models. If itís an all around boat that you are going to use for everything. It will be great at all of it.

Thanks I do appreciate your information!!