Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2017, 11:04 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X15
Trim tabs

Recently purchased a 06 x15 and have been doing some research on trim tabs/attitude adjustment plate. I am curious about the advantages/disadvantages to adding those. Based on what I have read they help the boat to plain out and make the wake smaller at skiing speeds which is mostly why I am interested. I would like to make the wake better for slalom skiing but donít want to sacrifice my surf wake. Would those plates have any negative impact on the surf wake? Questions may seem dumb but Iím new to the inboard boat. We have always had an I/O until this one. Love the boat so far, looking to make it even better.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
No negatives, attitude adjustment plate (center tab) will get the boat on plane quicker and can be used to tweak your ski wake. Fully retracts out of the way for surf/wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2017, 11:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 X-star 5.7L LTR, 2000 Prostar 190 5.7L LTR, both dark green
And can also make the wake smaller and less intimidating for wakeboard beginners.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:59 AM

Boat: No Boat
I use the center trim tab to adjust the surf wake on my X30; it helps to clean up the face of the wake.

Here's a thread about the center trim tab wiring.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=62408

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 10-08-2017, 10:02 AM
TT Newbie

I know my drain plug is right there in the middle so I am afraid that may cause issues with the install and the type of plate to buy. Any recommendations on which plate to use? Planning on installing it myself, figure I should be handle that. Is that plate a better option that the plates on the outer corners or will those accomplish the same thing as well as more stuff?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X-15
If you are going to install it yourself, you need to get accurate measurements from another boat like yours that has one on it. It installs well above the drain plug so that's not an issue. It does help for skiing, and it makes the boat so much better of a cruising boat when you are just out for a ride. It helps keep the boat on plane at lower speeds when you have people on board. Much nicer cruising, better ride, and better gas mileage. I wouldn't be without it.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:53 PM
TT Newbie

All of the ones I have seen pictures of have been installed below the drain plug, haven’t seen any above. Does anyone have a part number and a good place to purchase one? Been looking online but haven’t found a for sure answer.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:13 PM

Boat: No Boat
My center trim tab has a half round relief cut to clear the drain.

Like this.
Attached Images

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 10-08-2017, 05:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X-15
Sorry, that's right, below the drain plug. I only see mine twice a year, when I launch it and when I haul it. Anyway, it's a great feature.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, NXT22, 2018, 5500 Ilmor
I do the same thing with my x30 about 1/4 down seems to clean up the surf wave when my wife is riding. I also have both rear balast tanks full and the front about 1/2 full. (i'm going to add some more bags when i summerize boat).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I use the center trim tab to adjust the surf wake on my X30; it helps to clean up the face of the wake.

Here's a thread about the center trim tab wiring.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=62408

Tags
slalom, trim tab, wake surf, x15