Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Watersports Equipment

Old 07-21-2018, 07:42 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 x2 mcx
WTB Wakesurf for BIG guys

Needing a large used board for big guys, Im 65, 275lbs. Looking at hyperlite landlock, liquidforce noserider or rocket, IS red rocket/blue lake, pretty much anything 54 or longer and proven to get a big guy going ropeless with the right set up. PM please, and thank you in advance! Located in Nashville, TN area.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 XT21 6000GDI
I have found the Phase 5 Trident to be among the best for large people.

Retired, at the lake, in a MasterCraft, toasting another day of life with my family.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '08 X14
Cross the hyperlite off your list as it has much less ’float’ than the other boards. I had one and then got a red rocket. The red rocket is huge by comparison but has a lot easier of a ride due to its size.

The only down side i’ve Found is like other high end boards it’s fragile. I have had countless edge chips whereas the hyperlite is a tank you could drop on cement and it would probably barely scratch.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:23 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 x2 mcx
Thanks for the heads up on the hyperlite. Good to know as I was leaning that direction as it was the longest I could find, and in my budget. Do you know if the liquid force rocket 54 has the same issue?? I was Looking at one at a local shop and while it appeared to have a lot more surface area than my current undersized 410 Board it appeared to be very thin which made me wonder about buoyancy on it too. I keep hearing red rocket but they are out of my budget for now unless I can find someone really wanting to get rid of one used which does not seem likely. Thanks again!
Old 07-21-2018, 11:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '08 X14
While the hyperlite and liquid force have similar surface area they aren’t the same construction as the high end boards. They are made like a wake board so they are super rigid, and tough, but don’t float as well. The high end boards are foam cores so even with similar size they will have better buoyancy.

Set a search on eBay once in a while red rockets will pop up for ~$550 or so.