Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2014, 02:28 PM
MC Fanatic
Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
X2 Questions

Hey guys,

Had my new to me '11 X2 out yesterday. Really liked the way it handles and seems to have decent power, Ilmor. I am coming from an LS3 VLX so I know it isn't comparing apples to apples. Anyway this is my 4th boat, 3 MC and 1 Malibu. When I pulled it out of the water I noticed water was pouring out of the prop shaft input for what seemed like a while. The other boats I had never did this at all. I did look everything over in the engine compartment while I was on the water and never saw any water in the engine area. Wondering if this is normal?

Also what is the trick to fill the soft bags? I have the plug and play system but I can only fill the hard tanks and that's it.. I need to find a switch or something to swap from the hard to soft tanks. I have 2 big Jabsco pumps mounted on the transom wall inside the engine compartment and I was trying to find a switch somewhere but can't.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:51 PM
MC Devotee
Boat: 2014 X-2
Water coming out is normal. That's the dripless shaft seal, which uses engine coolant water flow. With the engine off and boat out of the water, some of the engine coolant water continues to drain out of the dripless shaft seal.

I don't know where the 2011 plug-n-play is. Maybe follow the hoses.