Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2018, 12:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
Boat Bling - Hot Sauce includes a wax in the mix, so it helps with that, and it appears to Ö you should still wax your boat but Bling seems to keep the wax on a little better than most is my $ 0.02 Ö.
Thanks. I typically give it a full 1 day detailing early spring before it goes back on the lift, then after each outing, I fresh water rinse and dry. Hard to wax on a liftÖ I found a gallon of the boat bling on amazon for about $48, Iíll give it a shot (thanks).

What I need to find is how to get rid of the oxidation on the transomÖ The rest of the boat looks fine, just the back thatís suffering.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X15, 1997 Prostar LT1
The lake I normally play in has hard water and On my prostar, which had a white hull, I had water spots from me, nor my crew, wiping down after loading up. I used Ducky water spot remover and it did very well, just lots of elbow grease. Had a friend say that Mequires hard water remover did well too, but Iíve never tried it. A lesson was learned and now wipe the boat after itís loaded, unless itís pouring rain when we load, then the wipe down comes in the shop. My current boat has a black hull, and it gets wiped with Speed Gloss, and waxed with Collinite twice a year. Water spots are not a problem and boy does it shine.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X23, 6000GDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by brttkrz View Post
Anyone use the new boat juice product?
Yes, I have tried it, but not 100% thrilled. It tends to leave a dullness that Babes doesn't do. I did order a bottle of the Boat bling - hot sauce, and will try that this weekend. Always looking for a way to keep the boat clean and shiny in between a detail. I cannot always Finesse II and Glaze it like my detail guy recommends.. I can do this every three weeks or so, but every weekend is a bit of a grind
Old 08-14-2018, 01:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg123 View Post
Sorry as I am sure this has been discussed numerous times. Looking for the best products/method for cleaning water spots and waxing a black hull.
Greg,
looks like we Boat in the Same bodies of water (Colorado river /fed lakes etc)
Super Hard water and tough on BLACK gels in particular.

To get back to Zero, ...wash you boat boat with a quality Boat soap and very eary in AM before it gets Warm. I mean before the sun is on the boat early....

Dry IMMEADIATLY using Boat Bling Hot Sauce (or a similar product)
This will help with Most of spots.

You made need to do some surface more than others.

Buff out the rest with a Quality Compound, and Seal with a Quality Wax.
Purchase "real" Soaps , compounds, waxes , .... dont cheap out...they last a whole season

Once your boat is void of All or nearly All water spots, put a nice coat of Wax over the entire Hull and Top deck.
Do this very early in AM as well. So maybe of 2 days if this is during your work week and you are short on time.

After you got her shined up, make sure you Take you Hot Sauce and towels to the Lake so you can Wipe down each day.
Sounds anal...but when you pull out of the water to go home and wipe hull, it will be a bit easier to remove spots.

In southwest SUN , heat , and Hard water, Waxing your boat regularly is almost a MUST to make it easlier to remove Hard Water Spots.

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 08-14-2018, 01:10 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1989 Maristar 240, 2005 Mastercraft Xstar, 2018 NXT 22
My technique:

1. 1 gallon pump sprayer with 2 cap fulls of quality car wash and the rest water. Spray entire hull down with this mix. Then, without drying it -

2. Boat Bling Hot Sauce in another 1 gallon pump sprayer. Spray wet boat down with this then use a soft wash mitt to clean. Immediately follow with microfiber towel to dry and buff. You do not need to use a lot of the Hot Sauce so don't waste too much.

Works great
Old 08-14-2018, 09:56 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 04' X30 LQ9
I love this site! Thank you guys so much for all of the replies. Looking forward to getting her all shined up this weekend.