Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2018, 11:38 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr1 View Post
It being a SS boat it should be fairly easy to run the boat off a hose in the driveway. May be a leak on the heat exchanger side of the equation. I'm assuming the heater core would have antifreeze running through it so that shouldn't be a potential source. So if the boat runs off the hose without putting water in the bilge then move onto the ballast tanks/bags and fittings.
I checked water pumped from bilge. It's was basically lake temp.

Thinking my tanks are not leaking into boat.
But I have 2 unrelated problems,
Order new impellers today

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 06-04-2018, 11:56 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 SV244 w/ ZR409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Idk why I didn't think about this. But this could be a huge possibility. I had to change my kit because it cracked while I was flushing the boat.

They have since updated the flush kit to a newer style.

Crappy thing about the new style is you can't run anti freeze into your engine this route anymore because you need pressure to push it through the flush kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the new style flush kit....it does have to push that ball in which makes it a pain to run anti-freeze into engine (it wont "pull" the AF in like the old style used to), what I did is get a harbor freight pump, I prime pump with AF, put hose into my bucket of anti-freeze, turn on pump, start engine and the pump pushes the anti-freeze thru. Works like a charm
Old 06-05-2018, 02:14 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
I had water leaking through one of the tow eyelets <when surfing and water hitting the transom at a stop>....... loosened nut and put some sealant on it and good to go. It took me an entire season to figure out where the water was coming from.

Best of luck for an easy fix larry.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitysurf View Post
I have the new style flush kit....it does have to push that ball in which makes it a pain to run anti-freeze into engine (it wont "pull" the AF in like the old style used to), what I did is get a harbor freight pump, I prime pump with AF, put hose into my bucket of anti-freeze, turn on pump, start engine and the pump pushes the anti-freeze thru. Works like a charm
Sorry for the thread Jack - But with the flush pro, I just remove the main intake hose from the sea strainer & pour antifreeze here while running the boat - 3 gallons is enough to get the job done including the heater, from a dry block that is!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:36 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP46 View Post
I had water leaking through one of the tow eyelets <when surfing and water hitting the transom at a stop>....... loosened nut and put some sealant on it and good to go. It took me an entire season to figure out where the water was coming from.

Best of luck for an easy fix larry.
I just found a very similar leak from the cable for my Lenco actuators (below water line). The cable that comes through the transom in the middle of the monting bracket broke free from the RTV they used to seal it and was leaking badly into the boat. After re-coating with fresh RTV no water at all in the boat.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 x30
I had water leaking from the shaft seal and the dealership fixed it.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:31 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitysurf View Post
What gpm pump are you using. The pump that I use for my 4000psi pressure washer wont make enough pressure to make this work. I wish that it would but I tried everything. I think you need close to 40-50psi of pressure.

Please send me a picture of the pump you are using.