Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-18-2013, 01:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
I think the majority of what goes on in college football is shady. There are vast amounts of ineligible players in football that just don't get caught. Not all those guys ate meeting academic standards, but they're still playing.
I agree 100% -- All you have to do is listen how they speak in an interview. Most of them probably can't read or write past the 3rd grade level.

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word
Old 12-18-2013, 01:48 PM

Boat: No Boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
I agree 100% -- All you have to do is listen how they speak in an interview. Most of them probably can't read or write past the 3rd grade level.
Indeed. But all they gotts ta do is pass dat class wit a C and day can play dat fooball.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Searching
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Indeed. But all they gotts ta do is pass dat class wit a C and day can play dat fooball.
We were talking about this the night the Heisman was awarded.

You'd think Florida St. would have at least prepped him for that speech. He might be a hell of a player......But DAMN! Talk about an academic embarrassment for the collage.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 35th Anniversary View Post

You'd think Florida St. would have at least prepped him for that speech. He might be a hell of a player......But DAMN! Talk about an academic embarrassment for the collage.
No kidding. Yikes, that was painful to listen to.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Searching
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
No kidding. Yikes, that was painful to listen to.
It screams "we're shady, everybody knows it and nobody is gonna do a F-ing thing about it"
Old 12-18-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:

Funny thing really.

My wife and I were sitting on the couch listening and she was the first first one to say "dat". I tried to not to smile. She's a sixth grade teacher and cuts her pretty deep to hear a college student talk like dat!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 12-18-2013, 02:48 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
lol So your source for the NCAA's ruling is the school's website? Ask anyone on death row, they are all innocent.
Well, I'll throw this back at you. You find where it is listed because those games are 'vacated'. I can't find it on the NCAA site.

I'll give this to you. Wikipedia shows the game, the outcome, and lists Terrell Pryor as the most outstanding player. If it were supposed to be vacated, shouldn't it not be listed? It is denoted as being "vacated", but really if the history of what happened on the field can be researched and pulled up, it happened, period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Bowl

Here is a whole write up on the game straight from the sugarbowl website.

http://www.allstatesugarbowl.org/site397.php

WOW, that game never happened. Way to 'vacate' it. See I told you, horse$hit.

"It is no coincidence that the century of total war coincided with the century of central banking" - Ron Paul
Old 12-18-2013, 02:52 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
It screams "we're shady, everybody knows it and nobody is gonna do a F-ing thing about it"
No one ever has, no one ever will. They're not there to get an edumacation, they're there to play football.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
It maybe pointless to you - But they probably wouldn't have won if those players had not played. So why should those victories count towards a school or coaches record? And why shouldn't the schools they played against with ineligible players be awarded the victory?

Say the game was for the National Championship and a month after the loss it's discovered that the team Ohio Snake played had ineligible players. You can't tell me that you wouldn't want the victory and the Championship to be reversed and awarded to Ohio Snake. You would be the first on the band wagon ---
You are right. And I was the first one on here saying that if the NCAA were serious about their 'rules', they would have not let those players play in the game. Instead, they still wanted their payday from the game so they let the game be played, collected their paycheck from Nokia or Allstate or whatever other corporate whore sponsored the game.....and THEN said..."well, this doesn't/didn't count.

As for if someone was playing Ohio State for the NC and we got beat, then come to find out that whatever sec school was playing against us had ineligible players would I want us to be named NC? No, because we got beat with the players on the field, the adulation of winning the game could never be realized by the fans, and the record books would look just like the ones that exist now that show Ohio State beating Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl with a couple of these *** over the scores. "Vacating" wins/seasons/heisman trophies whatever is so meaningless it makes me want to scream. The NCAA wants their money, period.

And for you to say I would be the 'first on the bandwagon' saying Ohio State should be the champion is insulting. I have much more integrity than that.....except when it comes to meatchicken. (Bandwagon is one word, by the way)

"It is no coincidence that the century of total war coincided with the century of central banking" - Ron Paul
Old 12-18-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Well, I'll throw this back at you. You find where it is listed because those games are 'vacated'. I can't find it on the NCAA site.

I'll give this to you. Wikipedia shows the game, the outcome, and lists Terrell Pryor as the most outstanding player. If it were supposed to be vacated, shouldn't it not be listed? It is denoted as being "vacated", but really if the history of what happened on the field can be researched and pulled up, it happened, period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Bowl

Here is a whole write up on the game straight from the sugarbowl website.

http://www.allstatesugarbowl.org/site397.php

WOW, that game never happened. Way to 'vacate' it. See I told you, horse$hit.
I really don't know a lot about it but wasn't it the University that vacated it's own wins. At least that's what the article says the athletic director did.

But you're right. Does the fact that 5 players trade ink for ink really mean anything? Not to me.

I'll be the first person to say that NCAA student athletes should get paid for their play. That pay should be the same for all players at all schools. Is 15k too much? I don't think so. These kids aren't afforded the extra time to get after school jobs all the while the schools are making bank on their names.