Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 07-26-2018, 08:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 99' Maristar 230VRS
Daisy Chain two bags together on one pump?

Anyone daisy chain two bags together on one reversable pump?
My ski locker bag only holds like 250# of water, (fills way before the rear bags) wanting this ronix 500# bow bag next, does anyone chain them together? Use a Y fitting and ball valves on the fill/drain line? Or just a Y fitting? the vent on the bow bag would be easy

Thanks a lot forum!

I'm loaded wayyy to much in the rear on my 99 Maristar 230
Old 07-26-2018, 09:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 VRS 230 w/X-boat package, 8.1L
I have a bow bag hooked up to my KGB bag. The top fitting from the KGB is plumbed to a fitting on bow bag. Works fine, just takes a while to fill the 300 lb KGB and the 750 bow bag.
G
Old 07-26-2018, 10:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-10
I have a similar setup to gweaver. Ran the vent from the kgb bag into the bow bag, then vented the bow bag out the original kgb vent. No y-fittings or valves required.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:30 PM
TT Regular

Ok, awesome, whats a KGB bag (ski locker?) and how well does this system drain? Does it just need time and gravity to empty from the bow bag into the ski locker bag? Where did you guys run the fill line from the KGB to the bow through? (think I have it covered but wanted to ask) Thanks guys!!! Pumped after reading this! Be sick to just buy the ronix bow bag and some line and fittings!
Old 07-27-2018, 06:46 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 CSX 220 Saltwater Series
I did this on my old Maristar. I but a check valve after the last bag between the overflow. This way this first bag would fill, overflow and fill the second which would overflow into the lake. On pump out the check valve would seal causing both bags to collapse as they emptied sucking water from both. Worked fine for drain and fill other than fill time took ages.
1999 Maristar 210 VRS LTR
Old 07-27-2018, 10:58 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcel0 View Post
I did this on my old Maristar. I but a check valve after the last bag between the overflow. This way this first bag would fill, overflow and fill the second which would overflow into the lake. On pump out the check valve would seal causing both bags to collapse as they emptied sucking water from both. Worked fine for drain and fill other than fill time took ages.
awesome, thanks!!!