Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
St. Lucia, Greece and Italy

Planning St. Lucia in Feb and Europe in Oct "19". Looking at Sandals in St. Lucia but seriously open to other a little higher end places too. Don't think the Jade Mtn. will be in the budget? Any recommendations or "can't miss" in these venues would be appreciated. Couples only paces a must and quality beech is important too. I am booking and putting deposits down in the next week on St. Lucia and next 30 days on Europe, so help appreciated please
Old 10-05-2018, 11:51 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Jade mountain in st Lucia. Wow.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:22 PM
MC Devotee

I looked at it (Jade Mtn.) but planning to stay 9 days in peak season might bust my budget this time? Maybe stay a few less days to make it happen? Looks very nice. Have you been CLRUSSELL?
Old 10-05-2018, 12:35 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Greece: We went on an eastern Mediterranean cruise a few years ago, which stopped in Athens, Santorini and few other places in Greece. If I went back on a non-cruise vacation, I'd fly into Athens, spend one or two days there, and then head out to Santorini for a week or two. Visiting the Parthenon in Athens was very cool, so it's definitely worth spending at least a day there. Santorini was spectacular. It's at the top of the list of places we've visited on cruise ships and want to return to for extended stays.

Italy: We spent 4 days in Venice before the cruise. Venice didn't impress us much. Very touristy, crowded, overpriced, and the people there weren't very friendly. It's worth checking out for a day if you're in the area - it is a unique place - but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 10-05-2018, 12:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 ProStar 205
Planning a cruise from Venice to Greece in 19. I've been around Italy and Venice was our least favorite place there. Rome is awesome. I've been to Greek islands, but never to Athens, looking forward to it.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:59 PM
MC Devotee

My wife just returned from Italy, 2 weeks ago so I have some ideas on where to go and not from her trip and recommendations but need Greece and St. Lucia input for sure. Will definitely accept input on Italy as she did not see the entire country in 12 days but have a start there from her.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:40 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
I looked at it (Jade Mtn.) but planning to stay 9 days in peak season might bust my budget this time? Maybe stay a few less days to make it happen? Looks very nice. Have you been CLRUSSELL?
Yes I stayed there. Wow.

Was the best money Iíve ever spent on vacation.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:03 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
Greece: We went on an eastern Mediterranean cruise a few years ago, which stopped in Athens, Santorini and few other places in Greece. If I went back on a non-cruise vacation, I'd fly into Athens, spend one or two days there, and then head out to Santorini for a week or two. Visiting the Parthenon in Athens was very cool, so it's definitely worth spending at least a day there. Santorini was spectacular. It's at the top of the list of places we've visited on cruise ships and want to return to for extended stays.

Italy: We spent 4 days in Venice before the cruise. Venice didn't impress us much. Very touristy, crowded, overpriced, and the people there weren't very friendly. It's worth checking out for a day if you're in the area - it is a unique place - but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit.
Ditto on Santorini. We did a 12 day Mediterranean cruise this summer and it was the highlight. (Although Rhodes is fascinating too.)
Old 10-09-2018, 10:02 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
Planning St. Lucia in Feb and Europe in Oct "19". Looking at Sandals in St. Lucia but seriously open to other a little higher end places too. Don't think the Jade Mtn. will be in the budget? Any recommendations or "can't miss" in these venues would be appreciated. Couples only paces a must and quality beech is important too. I am booking and putting deposits down in the next week on St. Lucia and next 30 days on Europe, so help appreciated please
We stayed in a "cabin" right on the beach at the Sandals St. Lucia I think there are two sandals one is for older folks and the other one is like the party younger crowd..... did the twilight cruise and snorkeling... I didn't end up going skiing... It was a great time... beaches are wonderful. but yea if you have the money go for the mountain... I liked being right on the water though...

That was a long time ago so I don't know if they still have the cabins or not... not really a cabin more of a beach house...
Old 10-09-2018, 10:25 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: None Yet
Are you looking for couples only/all inclusive for Europe as well? Can't speak to Greece but I've been to Italy a number of times and could help if you're not looking for the "resort" experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.