Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 04-08-2015, 08:33 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 SD
LED interior light setup

I'm going to install some LED's in my Prostar. My 99' mode has 3 acc switches on the dash not being used. I plan to install a heater later on using on of these switches but would like to use one for the lights now, maybe two switches controlling different colors. (One white set one blue).

How or where do I find wiring diagrams/directions to use these factory switches?

Any suggestions on types of LED's or how to setup?

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2015, 08:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft X46 2016 6.2
I ran mine to a heated seat switch that was not being used. pretty simple and just used a multi-meter to go across switch and ran my own small wires to each set of lights. I went cheap and used ebay for the light strips just to make sure i liked them, will be adding nicer ones this summer. gives the boat a nice glow and is fun at night. hopefully the pictures attached and if needed ill snap a few of the switch.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2015, 09:07 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2008 X14, w/ LY6 400HP
I used the switch but only went with one color. This pattern might make sense. I bought an under-car kit with (2) 36" LED strips (floor gaps), (2) 48" LED strips (side pockets) and an add on 24" for under the dash. Also, dont forget the LED Speaker rings and cupholder rings.

SGoyal on here makes speaker and cupholder rings you may want to consider.

Attached Images

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 04-08-2015, 09:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BProstar99 View Post
I'm going to install some LED's in my Prostar. My 99' mode has 3 acc switches on the dash not being used. I plan to install a heater later on using on of these switches but would like to use one for the lights now, maybe two switches controlling different colors. (One white set one blue).

How or where do I find wiring diagrams/directions to use these factory switches?

Any suggestions on types of LED's or how to setup?

Thanks!
The wires are all labelled at the end like Acc1,etc. If not let me know and I will get the colors for each on mine.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:53 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 SD
Thanks for the info!
Old 04-08-2015, 12:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2009 X30 MCX / 2003 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
I ran mine to a heated seat switch that was not being used. pretty simple and just used a multi-meter to go across switch and ran my own small wires to each set of lights. I went cheap and used ebay for the light strips just to make sure i liked them, will be adding nicer ones this summer. gives the boat a nice glow and is fun at night. hopefully the pictures attached and if needed ill snap a few of the switch.
Your set up looks great! I did want to comment on your ballast pumps though. Your pump on the port side is mounted upside-down. As you may know this will result in a premature death. Gravity is your enemy with the pump head above the motor.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2
I just replaced my courtesy lights (added 4 more around the cockpit) with LED's and spliced into their wires for locker, engine compartment, speaker and cup holder LED's. They all are controlled by the courtesy light switch. Works great.
Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 04-24-2015, 06:46 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 1990 Indmar 351
Check out the Kicker KM65 line up of speakers with the LED multicolor lights built in. Optional light controller is available for ultimate control of light output/colors/settings. Sell for about 250. for 2 pairs for the base model on online auctions. I need new speakers so I am going to try these instead of the LED light rings. I can only find one dealer that sells the 3" light rings for cup holders in the older Mastercrafts with the 3" Beckson drink holders. Bullet Lines sells them for 24.95. If you like them frosted instead of clear just give them a light sanding.

Tags
interior, led, lights, prostar 190, wiring