Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 10-06-2018, 02:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 X10
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
No floor drains on newer MC

So, I totally love my 2017 X10 but I have noticed something quite annoying after getting caught in a storm recently. Apparently, there are no floor drains on my boat...not a way for water to drain at all into the bilge if it happens to rain, splash etc. This seems nuts to me!?!?

Is this the norm in the new boats? Has anyone added drains from the floor to the bilge, or is this an option?

TIA
Old 10-06-2018, 08:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '07 X2
That seems irresponsible to me, bizarre. You mentioned the bad, storms, splash over the bow, etc., what about normal water brought in on vests, people etc. ?
Old 10-06-2018, 08:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
There are drains but isn’t obvious and it was designed that way. I can only speak for the ProStars I have owned but in these boats there are designed gaps in the floor panels that allow the water to run into the bilge on the flat surfaces and in recesssed surfaces there are small drain holes. Like I said they aren’t obvious but who would want them to be?
Old 10-06-2018, 11:31 AM
MC Devotee

Well...on my old X14V there were 2 round drains in the back corners right in front of the seats. However the only way I figured out to get water out of my current boat is to use a Shop-Vac, and that's pretty aggravating. I was just curious if perhaps others have noticed this on late model boats as well. if there are cracks in the floor that are supposed to allow drainage then I don't believe they're working properly on mine. If you guys know anything more about that please let me know. Thanks
Old 10-06-2018, 11:51 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Do you have a lot of standing water in the cockpit area?

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 10-06-2018, 12:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
Well...on my old X14V there were 2 round drains in the back corners right in front of the seats. However the only way I figured out to get water out of my current boat is to use a Shop-Vac, and that's pretty aggravating. I was just curious if perhaps others have noticed this on late model boats as well. if there are cracks in the floor that are supposed to allow drainage then I don't believe they're working properly on mine. If you guys know anything more about that please let me know. Thanks
Hmm. I know I clean my floors a couple of times a year on my lift with a garden hose and it all run into the bilge. Even on 209 with carpeting it would drain between the floor panels.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:32 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Do you have a lot of standing water in the cockpit area?
Yes, but always in the bow. I discovered after posting that there are hidden notches in the rear flooring at the bottom of the engine panel which act as drains, but nothing like this in the bow or near the drivers seat. If water runs forward, it is simply trapped. I removed the carpet screws when I upgraded the flooring, but those holes do not go all the way through.

It's just a small hassle to use a shopvac on the lift or garage to get this out after a big weekend of usage. That's all. I was just curious if others have resolved this somehow as my X9 had small, round drains in both the front and rear; and now I am missing that option.