Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-06-2016, 12:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Total Clarion M455 makeover

Hi All - I have a 2003 MC with the Clarion M455 single din head unit and wired remotes at helm and stern. It has finally starting giving me trouble. My main concern is the hassle in changing out the remotes and if the existing Clarion quick connect will work on the new radio (assume I'll stick with Clarion as I don't want to just disconnect the existing remotes).

Has anyone done this on this particular radio head unit?

If so, what unit did you go with and can you tell me the correct remotes and anything else you needed to get it installed? It seems I saw where you may need a new splitter and something else?

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2016, 02:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 MCX
I believe that they switched from a 6-pin to 8-pin connector sometime around 2005/6/7. You'll need to get an adapter to work with the new radios, and certain functionality (text readouts, etc) may not function on the existing remotes.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X45
yes i did this upgrade and had to get the 6-8 pin adapter cable to keep the remote on my stern working. Switched from the CMD5 to the M505. I can't remember the functions I lost on that remote but know I can control volume and change songs from it(think maybe mute was the only function i lost). I replaced the remote at the driver side with the MW1 as I wanted the new lcd display and it let you control ipod menu.