Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Aric Be Banned?
Yes 47 27.49%
No 124 72.51%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 04:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Should Aric be banned?

Over the past several weeks, I have been getting complaints about Aric. I told him when I banned him a while back that if it come to a point that I was spending time dealing with his aftermath, that he would be gone. Aric is completely oblivious to this poll. I am sure he will be along to plead his case and argue his fate.

I just want to know... am I hearing the vocal minority or the voices of the people?

This poll is anonymous. Members have 1 day to vote. Majority percentage speaks. I do not want PM's telling me their personal experiences. I just want a single vote.

If 51% say "YES", my next poll will be the length of time on the ban.

If 51% say "NO", then I get to immediately delete all future PM's regarding Aric without responding. Aric gets to stay and onward we go.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
He could contribute so much more, but chooses to be mean spirited

I always try to take the high road and break the tension in his comments.

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 11-02-2015, 05:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
I hope this is a joke. Also I have never met the guy nor have I talked to him about this.

No offense but I don't see the reason to ban him. Personally I think people have a problem with that fact that he is young and has a sweet boat. WHO cares? If his parents want to buy him a nice boat and he works hard then what business is it of any of these member. My parents bought me a Malibu VLX at 20 to use.

For the most part he is very knowledgeable on boat and I think that is beneficial to the board. Does he come off as arrogant sometimes, Maybe, but ask yourself what college student/22 year old doesn't.

Personally, I think there are other issues that we should be dealing with than wasting time trying ban a member who loves MC and will challenge people. After all, this is an online forum, its very easy for people to take text out of context because different people read things differently.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:23 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
I hope this is a joke. Also I have never met the guy nor have I talked to him about this.

No offense but I don't see the reason to ban him. Personally I think people have a problem with that fact that he is young and has a sweet boat. WHO cares? If his parents want to buy him a nice boat and he works hard then what business is it of any of these member. My parents bought me a Malibu VLX at 20 to use.

For the most part he is very knowledgeable on boat and I think that is beneficial to the board. Does he come off as arrogant sometimes, Maybe, but ask yourself what college student/22 year old doesn't.

Personally, I think there are other issues that we should be dealing with than wasting time trying ban a member who loves MC and will challenge people. After all, this is an online forum, its very easy for people to take text out of context because different people read things differently.

This ^

I vote no ban. I'll log online later to click the button if there is one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2015, 05:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Quote:

Noted at the end of the day I guess I don't care if he gets banned. I wish he contributed more and stirred the pot less

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 11-02-2015, 05:25 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:

Just so everyone else knows... I am as serious as a heart attack. I am giving the membership their chance to self moderate. If I am in fact only getting PM's from "whiners" and the vocal minority, then this poll will answer all doubt.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
I have been kinda out of touch the past month or so due to other outside activities ... but guess I must have missed "something" ... unless someone is making a total @$$ of themselves. I guess I will go do a little researching to see what I might have missed.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:51 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
If you have to make this thread, shouldn't you just do it? My mean spirited remarks are fueled at those who have an unspoken hatred for me, who constantly make nagging remarks or jealousy fueled statements about me. I will never apologize for my parents providing me the life they were never able to have at my age. I'm a college kid with a 3.8 GPA, it's not like I won't be able to provide myself with these things when I'm off the nipple. So if there is that much of a problem with me being here, just go ahead and ban me.

ive made good friends around here. Text Corbin all the time, and he's probably going to come stay with me down here so I can take him out on the lake. Heck, just left Chris (Cwarndahl)'s wedding last weekend in Austin. So if I'm that bad, go ahead. No point in having this childish thread where people will just come out and trash talk me.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released eventually

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- For Sale
Old 11-02-2015, 05:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
He has only been helpful to me. I don't care how old he is, or how much money he or his parents have. None of my business.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
I believe the MODs are here for a reason and a purpose.

If they decide to ban or discipline a member, then get on with it.

That's the MOD's Job. Let them decide.

I don't like the idea of singling out one member for expulsion by the group.
Closed Thread