Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-30-2015, 04:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft Prostar 205V
Turks and Caicos...need advise

The wife and I just got back from Kauai a few months ago...stayed with two other couples in a beachfront house rental and it was heavenly. We want to do the same next year in Turks and Caicos but we are not exactly sure where to go. We want to rent a 3+ bedroom house on the water just like Kauai, and there are a couple of really nice ones on North Caicos but a few of use are unsure about the remoteness. Some want to stay on Provo for the restaurants, stores, etc., but others (me included) would rather be on some secluded beach where you hardly ever see another person the entire trip.

Anyone been there and have any advise on where/what to go/do? We are all in our mid 40's so the night life really isn't a factor.

Mahalo
Old 09-30-2015, 06:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, 197, 2009, 5.7L-MCX
If you want to be very remote - look at Salt Cay. Never been - but thought about it...
Old 09-30-2015, 06:51 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-Dog View Post
The wife and I just got back from Kauai a few months ago...stayed with two other couples in a beachfront house rental and it was heavenly. We want to do the same next year in Turks and Caicos but we are not exactly sure where to go. We want to rent a 3+ bedroom house on the water just like Kauai, and there are a couple of really nice ones on North Caicos but a few of use are unsure about the remoteness. Some want to stay on Provo for the restaurants, stores, etc., but others (me included) would rather be on some secluded beach where you hardly ever see another person the entire trip.

Anyone been there and have any advise on where/what to go/do? We are all in our mid 40's so the night life really isn't a factor.

Mahalo
what does that mean - you're old?
Old 09-30-2015, 09:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X10
Sapodilla bay. - get a house on the water. - unreal. - one of the best beaches in the world. Soft sand, private, calm water.....
Old 10-01-2015, 11:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft x30 2006 mcx
I agree Sapodilla Bay is beautiful as is Taylor Bay. The wife and I have been to the Turks 3 times (our favorite island) and if there is any hesitation of "remoteness" in regards to North Caicos DON"T GO. We spent a day there (took ferry over) and Mudjin Harbor is one of the most beautiful places in the world BUT it is remote-we passed about 3 cars the entire day. Grace Bay also has some nice 3 bedroom condos- the restaurants are out of this world!!! When are you going? we are headed back 11/7
Old 10-01-2015, 12:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft Prostar 205V
We were actually checking out a couple of houses on Sapodilla Bay that look really nice. I think that's the way we'll be going. And yes, mid 40's is old. One person is over 50...hopefully they have handicap access to everything.

Any specific sites or restaurants on the "not-to-miss" list? I'll be fine sitting on the beach the entire time with a beer in hand...but I'm sure I'll have to drag my old butt to a few places. Hopefully we'll be going in April.