Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-23-2017, 04:25 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001, 205v

If you can be lucky enough to find one as calm and chill as little girl you will be fine. She will lay in the same spot most the day and we have t had any problems with the interior. I have a 2001 205v with the crappy vinyl of that era

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2017, 11:32 PM
TT Regular

Anybody have a dog that had a TPLO? How was the recovery? My Dr. Says keep her confined and little movement as possible for 2 months. 5 min walks in the yard at 3 months. She's miserable.Name:  IMG_0070.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  135.4 KB

Old 02-23-2017, 11:34 PM
TT Regular

Old 02-24-2017, 08:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
A life jacket on a lab???

My dog jumped off the back and was so happy that she did that.

Not a life jacket. It's a harness to grab her.
But sometimes I wander if she should have one when we are crusing.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKralk83 View Post
Anybody have a dog that had a TPLO? How was the recovery? My Dr. Says keep her confined and little movement as possible for 2 months. 5 min walks in the yard at 3 months. She's miserable.Attachment 156885
My pooch had TPLO surgery. He's actually blown one knee and the hip on the other side...should have bought pet insurance when he was younger

I know what you mean by miserable...mine is a jack Russell and it about killed him to not be able to play with the tennis ball. Do what the dr says though and your dog will heal in the right time. And if you don't have pet insurance, think about getting it. My vet told me there was a good chance that if he's blown one knee, he'll blow the other over time.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:59 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwild View Post
My pooch had TPLO surgery. He's actually blown one knee and the hip on the other side...should have bought pet insurance when he was younger

I know what you mean by miserable...mine is a jack Russell and it about killed him to not be able to play with the tennis ball. Do what the dr says though and your dog will heal in the right time. And if you don't have pet insurance, think about getting it. My vet told me there was a good chance that if he's blown one knee, he'll blow the other over time.

I was told statically she has a 70% chance the same will happen in the other leg. It's been about a week and she is pretty well over being on restriction. I will definitely look into insurance, that was not a cheap surgery. I was under the impression you could only insure them from when they are a pup

Old 03-01-2017, 10:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
Quote:
I was under the impression you could only insure them from when they are a pup

I thought so too, but I've had a few friends say they purchased it long after they were pups. My dog is 15 years old now, so it's sad to say but if he hurts anything else he will have to be put down.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Cobalt 252
[quote=AKralk83;1322508]I was told statically she has a 70% chance the same will happen in the other leg. It's been about a week and she is pretty well over being on restriction. I will definitely look into insurance, that was not a cheap surgery. I was under the impression you could only insure them from when they are a pup

Our dog had TPLO surgery as well. A year later she blew out her other leg. We did not get this one fixed ( I know you think we are cruel) but to be honest she is doing great. She limped around for a little while but now she goes on walks, chases the ball and continues to pester our other dog just like before. We did a lot of research on it the second time and in many cases they seem to recover on their own without the surgery. TPLO surgery is expensive!
Old 03-02-2017, 04:17 PM
TT Regular

[quote=TahoeKen;1322909]
Quote:
I was told statically she has a 70% chance the same will happen in the other leg. It's been about a week and she is pretty well over being on restriction. I will definitely look into insurance, that was not a cheap surgery. I was under the impression you could only insure them from when they are a pup

Our dog had TPLO surgery as well. A year later she blew out her other leg. We did not get this one fixed ( I know you think we are cruel) but to be honest she is doing great. She limped around for a little while but now she goes on walks, chases the ball and continues to pester our other dog just like before. We did a lot of research on it the second time and in many cases they seem to recover on their own without the surgery. TPLO surgery is expensive!

I don't think that's cruel. We also researched everything before we did the surgery. She will get pain management on the next one if it happens again. They are pretty resilient animals and do great on 3 legs. I just can't justify having a total of 10k wrapped up in surgeries if she where to have the second surgery done. Don't get me wrong I love my dogs a lot, but the first surgery cost enough

Old 03-27-2017, 07:40 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC, Prostar 190, 1999, LT1
Boat Dox

Boat Dox
Attached Images