Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2018, 01:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '04 X9
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
The first of the lawsuits on this: $100 million filed on behalf of 2 victims. Citing the duck boats are Death traps, the operators were aware of the weather and this tragedy is the predicted result of decades of greed driven and willful ignorance of safety by the duck boat industry.
theyre scary, no doubt.
the duck boats in seattle are deathtraps as well. i had a friend who used to work in their "maintenance" department. the stories...

they also wreck on a somewhat regular basis, both on and off the water!

what a totally avoidable tragedy though
Old 07-31-2018, 01:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
The first of the lawsuits on this: $100 million filed on behalf of 2 victims. Citing the duck boats are Death traps, the operators were aware of the weather and this tragedy is the predicted result of decades of greed driven and willful ignorance of safety by the duck boat industry.
We live in a lawsuit happy world. $100 million is just ridiculous, the attorney is looking for a big payday.

This will be very interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
We live in a lawsuit happy world. $100 million is just ridiculous, the attorney is looking for a big payday.

This will be very interesting to see how it plays out.
I don't know what to think about that. I'm not a fan of frivolous lawsuits, but if I lost 9 members of my family, I would want at least $100 million. How could you go on with your life?
They trusted the safety of the boat, and the captain, who seems to have made bad decisions with tragic results.
The attorney apparently has been targeting the duck boats for a long time. Perhaps with good reason given the present situation.
I also am one who believes in personable responsibility. The life jackets were there, why not put them on and fend for yourself? Obviously not experienced boaters who just trusted the operators.
It truly is a tragic situation with no easy resolution.