Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-04-2017, 02:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
My brother got married Saturday night. My girl has a ring, from me, but not an engagement ring. I am shopping for one, so I guess this post will be relevant in the future lol
ohhhh ok got it. Good luck!
Old 12-04-2017, 03:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
My brother got married Saturday night. My girl has a ring, from me, but not an engagement ring. I am shopping for one, so I guess this post will be relevant in the future lol
Wait you got her a ring but not an engagement ring? That's got to be a huge let down for her when she opened that box LOL.

Best of luck, Marriage is fun, but the actual wedding planning is no fun. I let my wife do it all and I will say that I don't plan on ever getting married again.

If yall can, go somewhere fun and get married. I don't remember anything from my wedding because its hard to have fun when tons of people want to talk to you.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
If yall can, go somewhere fun and get married. I don't remember anything from my wedding because its hard to have fun when tons of people want to talk to you.
this is so incredibly true.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
We have lived together for 18 months or so, and it’s fantastic. Not sure if marriage is going to change things for us since we’re already an amazing team.

My brothers wedding was awesome. But I wouldn’t really want to do the traditional way. I’d like to have a small wedding on my parents land with the lake in the background.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 12-04-2017, 03:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Not sure if marriage is going to change things for us
It usually does.

Years ago, a buddy I ran into on the ski dock told me "The woman that you married is not the woman you dated, and the woman you divorced is not the married..."

You think you're marrying a nymphomaniac... A few years later, the nympho is gone and the maniac is there...
Old 12-04-2017, 03:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X23 6000GDI (previous boat was 2014 X25) (4 other boats prior, but none MC)
Send a message via Skype™ to Loewen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Wait you got her a ring but not an engagement ring? That's got to be a huge let down for her when she opened that box LOL.

Best of luck, Marriage is fun, but the actual wedding planning is no fun. I let my wife do it all and I will say that I don't plan on ever getting married again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNUrnCWHVI

This advice from Mike Leach is all you need...
Old 12-04-2017, 03:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
We have lived together for 18 months or so, and it’s fantastic. Not sure if marriage is going to change things for us since we’re already an amazing team.

My brothers wedding was awesome. But I wouldn’t really want to do the traditional way. I’d like to have a small wedding on my parents land with the lake in the background.
Its great, but my wife and I dated for 8 years prior to marriage and truct me it its something tha is hard at times. Good thing is that you know what she is good at and is not. We never lived together prior to marriage due to our parents catholic values. It is a very fun experience.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:50 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
It usually does.

Years ago, a buddy I ran into on the ski dock told me "The woman that you married is not the woman you dated, and the woman you divorced is not the married..."

You think you're marrying a nymphomaniac... A few years later, the nympho is gone and the maniac is there...
You’ll always find bad marriages these days, especially with the divorce rate so high. Try before you buy... a woman will always show her true colors when you first move in together. I definitely don’t think I’m marrying a nymphomaniac. I really wouldn’t consider us “dating” either. It’s just a title.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 12-04-2017, 03:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X2
Quote:
But I wouldn’t really want to do the traditional way. I’d like to have a small wedding on my parents land with the lake in the background.
Sounds like it would be a great weekend to have the Lone Star MasterCraft Bash!
Old 12-04-2017, 03:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
In the first year of marriage, what I've learned, is that I'm rarely (if ever) right about something... well, as far as she's concerned anyway. I know the truth, but I keep it to myself. HA.